New Defender News

DieselRanger

New Land Rover Defender: six-pot diesel spotted testing: https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-land-rover-defender-six-pot-diesel-spotted-testing
defender-jpg.849707

Oh pleasepleasepleaseplease....

If it's just starting testing now, likely we won't see it in the US until the mid-cycle refresh. If they've been quietly testing it in other models and have already submitted certification documents, it might be as early as 2022 MY....

Not big on rods but that is the first start and I'm all about "innovation" and aftermarket already hitting the D110 line.

Great Job Lucky8!

Blaise

:( The first mod isn't an upgrade :(

Lift rods can have their place but I know in 99.9% of cases folks are just gonna run around topped out.

Blaise

???

“To retain the famous Defender silhouette, accommodate a family of body styles and support the latest range of powertrains, the Land Rover brand has developed the new all-aluminum D7x platform,” Land Rover wrote. “It has the unique combination of practicality, flexibility and capability expected from a 4×4 wearing the Defender name and doesn’t share a single body-in-white panel with another Land Rover model.

Saying that lift rods fit from one car to another (which is just a plastic rod end) is a bit extreme as calling them the same... no?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz