New Bronco

Grassland

Those are all the adventures and character my 11 year old 4 banger TJ with 200k miles gave me. But there was no wait time and it only cost 3500 dollars

Ford has a history of good ideas delivered too early without all the issues worked out....

I believe that's called "innovating"

mortonm

Expedition Leader
I was finally able to pick her up and buy her on 2/8/23. This thing is a beast off-road.

Unfortunately, I had to trade in my Miata to get her, but it was better than having a car payment.

The 2dr non sasquatch badlands is a really really nice combo right from the factory. Tires aren't too big and wide and am absolute beast with the lockers and swaybars and bfg at 33s

emulous74

The 2dr non sasquatch badlands is a really really nice combo right from the factory. Tires aren't too big and wide and am absolute beast with the lockers and swaybars and bfg at 33s
I agree, for me it was the perfect package, especially since you get the 4.7 gears when you get the manual transmission in the badlands. I knew I'd struggle with moving around and mounting a 35" wheel and tire combo. This thing definitely checks all the boxes. The only thing that would of sent me over the edge is if I could of got this setup with a six cylinder diesel.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
I agree, for me it was the perfect package, especially since you get the 4.7 gears when you get the manual transmission in the badlands. I knew I'd struggle with moving around and mounting a 35" wheel and tire combo. This thing definitely checks all the boxes. The only thing that would of sent me over the edge is if I could of got this setup with a six cylinder diesel.
Yeah for sure. I have a manual black diamond and I'll probably go up to 255 80s at some point but no bigger so the 4.46 gears will be plenty. Loving everything about it. I had a 2001 xterra before with 235 85s and open diffs so this Is a pretty bigbupgrade

emulous74

Got a mild overlanding setup for my Bronco, still a work in process, but loving the 2-door layout:

GFC SuperLite mounted to a TrailRax roof rack and their PaxRax side panels, you can also see I added the Sasquatch fender flares for more protection, Mabett mudflaps and IAG rocker steps:

Made the 4-door sliding tailgate work in my 2-door (obviously removing the rear seats) and Mabett v3 of their dual level tailgate table:

Added a Victron Orion voltage converter to charge my EcoFlow Delta 2 much faster than plugging it into the cigarette lighter plug:

RoofNest Litewing awning:

And a Rigid 40" lightbar:

yfarm

Observer
12.5k miles in 6 months, couple of road trips with 900 mile interstate days. Wildtrak/Sas, no power complaints, could cruise at 90 all day. Drove from Ft Laud to Texas last 2 days, 17 mpg ran around 80 entire trip. My add ons in order daily use 1. IAG front door pockets 2. IAG sill guards 3. IAG front mudflaps with running boards keeps sides clean even in mud,no rock chips.4 M&R light bar when the deer are out at night 5. ASFIR fuel tank skid plate. Least favorite IAG grab handle for the front- wrong location to assist with entry, no leverage. Wife has had back surgeries, preferred highway vehicle was the Raptor, no complaints with the Bronc. Hwy 130 around Austin has an 80-85 speed limit, people cruise at 90-100, Bronc keeps right up with the germans. The ford front license bracket blocks air flow, installed my front plate to the front skid plate.

Attachments

• 1102AB09-3565-4A72-A0A8-BF5C78771B01.jpeg
    1102AB09-3565-4A72-A0A8-BF5C78771B01.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • B31AED20-01D5-461D-9804-EBCCD7506EE2.jpeg
    B31AED20-01D5-461D-9804-EBCCD7506EE2.jpeg
    929.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

ducnek

IMG_0865-X2.jpg

Just returned from a 2 week run topless and doorless in Moab. This is my 4th 2 week trip to run trails in Moab. I have ran a 4 door JK for the last 16 years on every type of trail possible.

A few observations:
The hood line is a little higher than my JK, slightly impairs the line of sight on downhill grades especially at the top.
Turning radius is much smaller than the JK, I have the 2 door... so I realize that helps
The JK was a 4 door on 37s fully locked, the stock sasquatch Bronco is capable of 75-80% right out of the box.
I disconnected the sway bars and the flex is adequate but does not stretch like the JK, however the JK had a 4.5" metal cloak lift. I am looking into aftermarket options for the Bronco.
I ran topless/doorless for 2 weeks. There is a slight backdraft into the cab of dust at speeds up to ~30mph on gravel. Most interior surfaces are weather resistant so after a 2-3 hr detail it should be back to newish
The fenders need to cover a little more I have several rock dings in the door jams on both sides, if the doors were on it would have been worse, I think there are aftermarket mudguards that should fix the issue
The 4WD shift is nice but 4WH to 4WL takes 5-10 secs and you need to be on fairly flat ground
Trail turn feature is ************
Hill decent control is awesome especially for longer grades
I have the 2.7 auto, power is great there is a slight turbo lag on road, Off road its perfect
Doors are kind of a pian in the ass to remove/re-install. Still a 5 minute job but definitely a 2 person job.

Overall I love the thing after running the old JK for 16 years thru all types of on and offroad scenarios I think Ford has done a great job re-imagining this iconic line.

GM really missed the opportunity on the Blazer, hopefully they will take note

85_Ranger4x4

IMG_0865-X2.jpg

Just returned from a 2 week run topless and doorless in Moab. This is my 4th 2 week trip to run trails in Moab. I have ran a 4 door JK for the last 16 years on every type of trail possible.

I work at a cdjr dealer and bounce between moving customers wranglers around and driving my wife's bronco.

I think the jeeps dash/cowl is higher but the Bronco had a much larger and flatter hood with more line of sight blocking details on the outer front corners.

Offroad with the tank slit windshield it drives me nuts, I am spoiled with the bay window and flat but tapered downhill hood of my ranger.

In my area trail turn assist is inconsistent, depending on terrain it will usually just drag the tire. I generally don't bother, I know what the car will do without using it.

4lo shift hokey pokey is annoying but I am spoiled with levers.

I modified the Ford splash guards since ford couldn't make any that fit with the rock rails and there were no other options when we got ours. We live on gravel so it was like a week one gotta do thing. They saved the body but the rear fender flares still catch rocks.

The offroad cruise thing is kinda fun to play with. We went to a drive thru wildlife safari park that had dinosaurs set up amongst the regular animals a few weeks ago and I set the trail control to like 7mph. Then I kinda pretended the car was following this track in the middle of the road....

20231001_153224.jpg

It actually kinda reminds me of my manual trans ranger idling in gear.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
The offroad cruise thing is kinda fun to play with. We went to a drive thru wildlife safari park that had dinosaurs set up amongst the regular animals a few weeks ago and I set the trail control to like 7mph. Then I kinda pretended the car was following this track in the middle of the road....
I think I know what you were going for....

Screenshot 2023-10-26 104329.png

you're possible some of the last people to get to visit some of these trails in a 4x4 https://www.deseret.com/utah/2023/9...n-could-close-gemini-bridges-labyrinth-canyon
and interestingly enough, it seems the Bronco world is a part of why trails are getting shut down. While not directly of course, but considering the Bronco Safari permit was denied for 2024, it's part of the problem. While rigs are getting more capable, the drivers aren't.

"The Bronco Safari event in particular generated a number of complaints the last time it was held, including about participants driving above speed limits at the Old Spanish Trail Arena, minor property damage, and a “Bronco participant altercation with a softball parent.” The complaints made commissioners hesitant to approve the event; they also pointed out that no organizers were present at the meeting."

85_Ranger4x4

and interestingly enough, it seems the Bronco world is a part of why trails are getting shut down. While not directly of course, but considering the Bronco Safari permit was denied for 2024, it's part of the problem. While rigs are getting more capable, the drivers aren't.

"The Bronco Safari event in particular generated a number of complaints the last time it was held, including about participants driving above speed limits at the Old Spanish Trail Arena, minor property damage, and a “Bronco participant altercation with a softball parent.” The complaints made commissioners hesitant to approve the event; they also pointed out that no organizers were present at the meeting."

Sounds like a organization issue more than anything else.

Easter jeep safari must be better managed.

Push/shove/whatever but there is more to a vehicle event than the badge on the grille. Bronco organizers couldn't even show up to the meeting.

toddz69

Explorer
Sounds like a organization issue more than anything else.

Easter jeep safari must be better managed.

Push/shove/whatever but there is more to a vehicle event than the badge on the grille. Bronco organizers couldn't even show up to the meeting.
I think they got overwhelmed with all the new 6G folks the past 2 years. The folks that run it have been doing it for many years now and generally do a pretty good job.

Todd Z.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94