-->

New Bronco

ripperj

Explorer
/\ how is that even possible! You could buy one every year on the interest on a million bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Wrong-o, bud. I know several people cross shopping Bronco and GX. GX is winning among them because, unlike Bronco, you can actually drive away in a vehicle when you buy a GX.
GX err fancy 4 runner and like 20yr old technology. I’ve owned 4runner, J80 and Sequoia my current vehicle Toyota wasn’t even considered

2019 Expedition has been fantastic zero regrets
No I would argue that Bronco buyers are not really cross shopping GX’s. Jeeps yes...

85_Ranger4x4

GX err fancy 4 runner and like 20yr old technology. I’ve owned 4runner, J80 and Sequoia my current vehicle Toyota wasn’t even considered

No I would argue that Bronco buyers are not really cross shopping GX’s. Jeeps yes...
I was lobbying for a 4Runner but she didn't like them. No particular attachment, I just liked the idea of them mainly because you can get them used and they are the only smaller truck based body on frame SUV that has a steel roof.

nickw

Adventurer

Love the new Expeditions - I hear you can get vinyl floors in them, my local dealer had a couple on the lot for law enforcement....not sure if was a custom LE edition or not. Throw a 1-2" lift and some 33's and you have a great domestic "Land Cruiser" for 1/2 the price....

85_Ranger4x4

Love the new Expeditions - I hear you can get vinyl floors in them, my local dealer had a couple on the lot for law enforcement....not sure if was a custom LE edition or not. Throw a 1-2" lift and some 33's and you have a great domestic "Land Cruiser" for 1/2 the price....
Is that with the Plutonium or limited package?

Expys around me are friggin loaded to the gills and either worth $100/ton or $60k+ with very little between.

Last edited:

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Is that with the Plutonium or limited package?

Expys around me are friggin loaded to the gills and either worth $100/ton or $60k+ with very little between.
My Platinum HD was $500 more than the limited standard non hd. The Limiteds and the special package ones all sell easily vs the $85,000 loaded Platinums don’t sell. I got $12,000 off on my platinum HD way better deal than the non HD limited they wouldn’t deal on.

Most expensive Expedition is the loaded HD Platinum at $85-86,000. The hybrid likely will top out at $90-94,000 best guess.

85_Ranger4x4

My Platinum HD was $500 more than the limited standard non hd. The Limiteds and the special package ones all sell easily vs the $85,000 loaded Platinums don’t sell. I got $12,000 off on my platinum HD way better deal than the non HD limited they wouldn’t deal on.

Most expensive Expedition is the loaded HD Platinum at $85-86,000. The hybrid likely will top out at $90-94,000 best guess.
When my wife was looking at them they made a F-150 look downright affordable... and that takes some doing.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
When my wife was looking at them they made a F-150 look downright affordable... and that takes some doing.
Yeah cars are expensive prior to this purchase most expensive vehicle I bought was wifes Fusion Energi 34k with $7500 tax credit on top of that. Lol

If your not in a region where houses have shot up in value its even harder to imagine how people pay or likely don’t pay for these vehicles. I typically pay cash given in most cases when I buy the Auto maker has had cash purchase credit that was enough to make it interesting. Ford gave me $2500 on top of the dealer negotiated price. Most dealers were trying to claim the $2500 as part of their negotiations lol... Nope.. That Ford credit is customer credit for their cash not the dealers money lol.

85_Ranger4x4

Yeah cars are expensive prior to this purchase most expensive vehicle I bought was wifes Fusion Energi 34k with $7500 tax credit on top of that. Lol

If your not in a region where houses have shot up in value its even harder to imagine how people pay or likely don’t pay for these vehicles. I typically pay cash given in most cases when I buy the Auto maker has had cash purchase credit that was enough to make it interesting. Ford gave me $2500 on top of the dealer negotiated price. Most dealers were trying to claim the $2500 as part of their negotiations lol... Nope.. That Ford credit is customer credit for their cash not the dealers money lol.
Yeah, most around here go F-150 for about half the money. Expeditions are not common, they get stupid expensive fast. Never looked into a GM but even without a dealer they outsell the Expy by a wide margin.

A basic XL STX (which I have NEVER seen in real life) with only the 4wd option checked on B&P is ten grand more fairly well appointed Black Diamond Bronco we have ordered. Seven grand more than my dream 'Zilla STX F-250...

It is always fun crawling thru a nice Expedition or Navigator the engine let go in that is totally trashed at u-pull-it and wondering how much somebody paid for it 10 years prior...

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader

I had a gx470 and was cross shopping the Bronco and GX460.....after the delays and steep increase in GX470 prices I decided to go ahead and sell my 470 for a profit and purchase a fully loaded 2016 GX460. Plan is to keep it, modify it a bit, and reassess vs the Bronco after it's been out a couple years and I can drive one. Might not be common but the cross shoppers do exist!

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
I had an Expedition for work like you described. The ecoboost is great but the rest of the truck is no Land Cruiser.