New Bronco

85_Ranger4x4

My dealer told me that Ford is pushing MSRP for reservation orders. I had a July reservation and ordered end of January. Basic build more important than reservation date, IMO.

I suspect most of the early reservations are going to be towards the loaded end of things... can't build it if they don't have the parts.

Ford nixed the plan pricing for the Bronco but some dealers were going to go a little under yet for those that don't qualify for plan pricing and they got stuck with it.

I am not that far from Granger but dealing with a dealer over 2 hours away to save a grand didn't seem worth the hassle. I don't really get how all the pieces of the puzzle go together, there is a dealer allocation thing which I think is really going to kill ours on the timeline if it works like how I think it does.

Mako1114

Adventurer
Don't hold your breath for August. The painted hardtop does for sure push it back to the "late availability" section, but the sas and 2.7l may also push it back too, Lux package may also. When did you make your reservation? That's also part of the equation, and of course trying to sort out the dealer allocations. The monkeys at Ford are going to be pretty busy for a while pushing the beads around on their abacuses getting a build schedule figured out. Won't know till May when they're supposed to start notifying people. I reserved on 7/20 and do think I'll get a MY21 (similar to yours, just with a MIC top and High package) , but if there's commodity problems it could get pushed back to MY22 and then not get it till next year sometime.

Check out Bronco6G and you can revel in all the obsessing by true zealots.

Yeah, I thought August might be a little ambitious but I guess we'll see around May 1st. I made my reservation on July 30.

Cheers

Mako1114

Adventurer
Based on yesterday's e-mail from Ford indicating that the painted black hardtop would push the order to 2022, I changed my order to the molded-in-color option.

Cheers

Yeah, a lot of First Edition folks are probably frustrated. I think the MIC top will be better than people are thinking though. The early shots of it were a pretty crappy mid-gray tone but I think they've darkened it up a lot and it will match the rest of the "plastic" moldings (fenders, etc). As long as that's the case, I'll be OK with it. Consistent color/texture will be key. A shiny black top next to a textured dark grey molding wouldn't look that good.

Of course, really doesn't matter to me that much, I wash our vehicles once or twice a year. That's total for 4 vehicles. If you keep a nice coating of mud, it cuts down on the pinstriping...

1R4A6412

85_Ranger4x4

We had the MIC top from the start. I figured the painted one would get scratched easier taking it off and putting it on if we did that and I really don't care for the look of painted tops on Jeeps and figured the Bronco would be similar. So of course we missed out on a 1000 points towards a hat or whatever...

The flat unpainted tops have a texture kind of like the canvas I grew up seeing on Jeeps since forever and just look more right.

Still trying to figure out what the off-roadeo thing is about and when it is...

85_Ranger4x4

It's sort of an off-road driving school/experience for new Bronco owners. 4 locations across the country.

Yeah but are they doing it for a week or for two years?

Seems like a weird thing to tie up an ORP doing for years...

Who is eligible to attend?
Original owners of a qualifying all-new 2021 Bronco, Bronco Sport Badlands or Bronco Sport First Edition. Eligible participants will have one calendar year from the date of delivery to register and attend. Additional reservations will be available for purchase on a first-come, first-served basis – More details to come on the cost to attend for non-owners.

When can I sign up for Off-Roadeo?
Registration for Bronco Off-Roadeo will open in early 2021. Once you have placed an order or taken delivery for a qualifying all-new Bronco, Bronco Sport Badlands or Bronco Sport First Edition you will be eligible to register for Off-Roadeo. Participants that wish to attend prior to ordering a 2021 Bronco or Bronco Sport will be allowed to register and purchase a spot based on availability.

I read somewhere it is supposed to maybe start this May... as per norm more info would be nice.

roving1

Two things I wonder if anything has heard about?

1. Manual and Sasquatch package? First they were not then they hinted they were but nothing shows up in the configurator online. I really just want a base manual with 4.7 gears and lockers and the uprated front diff without a whole giant package upgrade. May be easier/cheaper just to buy the base and ad what I want from a wrecked bronco or the aftermarket but it would be nice to get it factory w/o all the interior upgrades and other ad ons I care little about.

2. Talk of an Ursa Minor being available as a financed option. This solidify any more than the original rumors?

Two things I wonder if anything has heard about?

1. Manual and Sasquatch package? First they were not then they hinted they were but nothing shows up in the configurator online. I really just want a base manual with 4.7 gears and lockers and the uprated front diff without a whole giant package upgrade. May be easier/cheaper just to buy the base and ad what I want from a wrecked bronco or the aftermarket but it would be nice to get it factory w/o all the interior upgrades and other ad ons I care little about.

2. Talk of an Ursa Minor being available as a financed option. This solidify any more than the original rumors?

Yeah, the so called "Man-Squatch" is going to be a MY22. I do think they confirmed it. Pretty much the only way to get the 4.7 gears & lockers if you stay with the Base. Don't think you need to do any of the other interior or other "luxury" packages. I would think it would take some time for wrecked Bronco parts (although I'm sure it won't take much time for people to start wrecking them. Want to start a pool for how long it takes for the 1st one to be rolled?), then trying to adapt those parts into the myriad of electronics that control everything. That's a lot of time and expense, and experimenting.

roving1

Yeah, the so called "Man-Squatch" is going to be a MY22. I do think they confirmed it. Pretty much the only way to get the 4.7 gears & lockers if you stay with the Base. Don't think you need to do any of the other interior or other "luxury" packages. I would think it would take some time for wrecked Bronco parts (although I'm sure it won't take much time for people to start wrecking them. Want to start a pool for how long it takes for the 1st one to be rolled?), then trying to adapt those parts into the myriad of electronics that control everything. That's a lot of time and expense, and experimenting.

It all depends on the numbers and final package and line item add ons they allow in the end I guess. If the difference between the base and what I want is 10+ grand I am quite sure the aftermarket can provide gears, lockers, and a swaybar disconnect for less than 10 grand. But upgrading the front diff could get tricky or expensive. Or maybe not. The aftermarket should be absolutely gigantic for this thing. But I could care less about interior upgrades or terrain modes so I really don't want any of that stuff for the money. Just have to wait and see.

The above will probably be moot if you can finance an Ursa Minor as I would be more willing to upgrade to a one and done package If I am going to finance it.

85_Ranger4x4

Does a flop count or does it have to complete a full 360 degrees at least once?

Some YouTuber will probably do it on purpose for likes...

Whatever it takes to total it.

10-15 years before the real fun of mixing and matching begins when they hit u-pull-it type yards.

It all depends on the numbers and final package and line item add ons they allow in the end I guess. If the difference between the base and what I want is 10+ grand I am quite sure the aftermarket can provide gears, lockers, and a swaybar disconnect for less than 10 grand. But upgrading the front diff could get tricky or expensive. Or maybe not. The aftermarket should be absolutely gigantic for this thing. But I could care less about interior upgrades or terrain modes so I really don't want any of that stuff for the money. Just have to wait and see.

The above will probably be moot if you can finance an Ursa Minor as I would be more willing to upgrade to a one and done package If I am going to finance it.

You probably already have but you might pit your basesquatch vs a Badlands. I am not sure about the front diff but they come with 4.70's, manual trans and sway bar disconnects. Starts $12k higher than a base but depending on what else you are adding it might pencil out.

I haven't heard yet on the Bronco, I know with the Ranger the rear ring gear is welded on the carrier which complicates regearing.

85_Ranger4x4

What rear axle does the ranger use? I thought it would be a shorter track super 8.8

Advantec 190/220. Bronco will use the same axles front and rear aside from the more extreme models that has a heavier front.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne