New additions to my GEN3!

Djbenny

Adventurer
Nice! Looking good still. I wish I would use mine more out off-roading. Just been busy. Lately mine has been a street queen. Clean, waxed, and tire shine! Ha ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monstero

Adventurer
Great pics.. I'm also glad to see someone using it on the trail..mine has been street queen as well and also work vehicle skidding red oak logs out of woods and winching them on the trailer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

cnutco

Adventurer
Does your Monty have TPMS sensors, cnutco? If so, how do they work with the bigger tires?

No sir, they didn't come about till later. If I had them, I would have taken them out. I would think that they would be a nuisance when deflating for off-road driving.

Michael Brown

You followed me, so now we're both lost
That's interesting, but how much? I need a whole new bumper to take the impacts, not only at the hitch, but on the conners too.

The Heavy Duty one (1/4" plate) was $150. The 3/16" plate is $130. I only have issues with the hitch hitting on departure angles so I can't justify building a bumper yet.

Djbenny

Adventurer
The Heavy Duty one (1/4" plate) was $150. The 3/16" plate is $130. I only have issues with the hitch hitting on departure angles so I can't justify building a bumper yet.

Do you have any pictures of it on your rig? I'd like to see how it looks.

cnutco

Adventurer
I only have issues with the hitch hitting on departure angles so I can't justify building a bumper yet.

Yeah, I already broke both of my lower tail/brake lights. One I was able to glue back together. The other I had to replace.

dd9ed86d4c42fa096348e542aee2c2d0.jpg

Marutuk

KK6WFB
I had replaced one of those lights and it lasted a whole 2 weeks before I cracked it. I did see something on another thread about a relatively simple rear bumper protector on ebay that I may want to get.

cnutco

Adventurer
I had replaced one of those lights and it lasted a whole 2 weeks before I cracked it. I did see something on another thread about a relatively simple rear bumper protector on ebay that I may want to get.

Yeah I have seen some of those, but they do not go well with my ARB front bumper. I'm also not sure that they will protect that well.

If or when I rip the rear bumper off, I will work on having a rear bumper made to match the ARB.

Marutuk

KK6WFB
Yeah I have seen some of those, but they do not go well with my ARB front bumper. I'm also not sure that they will protect that well.

If or when I rip the rear bumper off, I will work on having a rear bumper made to match the ARB.

Yeah I am undecided by the look of them. There are some other solutions (like the tow hitch plates for example), but not sure how good that will do as well. I wonder if there are good rear bumper solutions for gen 3's, or if it just requires fabrication.

cnutco

Adventurer
Yeah I am undecided by the look of them. There are some other solutions (like the tow hitch plates for example), but not sure how good that will do as well. I wonder if there are good rear bumper solutions for gen 3's, or if it just requires fabrication.

Here in the states, it's fab only for us. Custom fab bumper like I want starts at $3k...

I will have to wait till I rip it off before I sink $3K to the *** end.

cnutco

Adventurer
Not much, but I added a 42" light bar to my basket. Now I am going to wait to do the other three sides of the basket before I wire them up.

078fdb959da7522d68b5570e57c1645b.jpg

c7fa3f78b7bcb015bac93070f314f9d5.jpg

Last edited:

Sabre

Overlanding Nurse
Very cool. But wait...you're going to have those on all four sides of the basket? UFO reports will skyrocket when you light all of those up at once! :luxhello:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke