New 270 Awning available.

Qomomoko

Alia176, do you think adding to your composite list FreeStading100%// FreeStandindSetupOnly//SetupNeedsSupport or something of the sort ?

I think this youtuber Darche Eclipse 270 provided the most hones complete review. Like you alia176 I am putting more importance now on FreeStanding100% for practicality.

Some of these like the Wraptor 6k, the Darche Eclipse and OVS Nomadic are SOO similar that one claiming more free standing than other worries me about regretting the purchase, hence the BushCompany 270 XT Max or Bundawan L or 360 seem more appropriate for me.

The bracket for all of these, are they pretty flexible in their location? Meaning, the cross bars the L's attach too, the L's can be attached to multiple location along the Awning Bar/Panel?

EDIT ALSOO

For the Bushcompany Awning. Is their brackets the best for their awning? What have you guys done? My roof rack has round cross bars and they are not spaced evenly... i will edit a pic in a little bit.

Last edited:

Vanhalo

I bought the OVS great product and came with the L brackets to install. Very stout L brackets may I say!!

They are great brackets. However they do not work with the Pioneer Rhino Rack.

I had already decided to go with the Smart Touring System Quick Connect Brackets.

They need to be about 5 inches longer.

Last edited:

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Thats one of the first things I noticed when I unboxed my OVS 270 LT. Those mounts are HUGE. I had already bought the Leitner Designs one so I didn't end up using them, but they're beefy as hell.

And it doesn't take up anymore space than the previous CVT one I had.

Qomomoko

They are great brackets. However they do not work with the Pioneer Rhino Rack.

I had already decided to go with the Smart Touring System Quick Connect Brackets.

They need to be about 5 inches longer.

The STSQC brackes do not include the long L ish (8 to 12 inch) bracket correct?

Vanhalo

Yes. You can order them as a kit.
All you see here is the STSQC bracket system.
Additionally for the OVS 270 LT you will need their Foxwing adapters that have zero to do with the Rhino Rack itself.

You will have to source your own strut nuts, bolts, washers, and lock washers from Lowes to install the brackets on the Rhino Rack.

The brackets require some drilling to fit the 3/8" hex bolts.

Last edited:

Milamr

For the Bushcompany Awning. Is their brackets the best for their awning? What have you guys done?

I used the Bush Company brackets. They have held up great so far. Been on for about 9 months.

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk

alia176

Explorer
Alia176, do you think adding to your composite list FreeStading100%// FreeStandindSetupOnly//SetupNeedsSupport or something of the sort ?

I think this youtuber Darche Eclipse 270 provided the most hones complete review. Like you alia176 I am putting more importance now on FreeStanding100% for practicality.

Some of these like the Wraptor 6k, the Darche Eclipse and OVS Nomadic are SOO similar that one claiming more free standing than other worries me about regretting the purchase, hence the BushCompany 270 XT Max or Bundawan L or 360 seem more appropriate for me.

The bracket for all of these, are they pretty flexible in their location? Meaning, the cross bars the L's attach too, the L's can be attached to multiple location along the Awning Bar/Panel?

EDIT ALSOO

For the Bushcompany Awning. Is their brackets the best for their awning? What have you guys done? My roof rack has round cross bars and they are not spaced evenly... i will edit a pic in a little bit.
Hiya,

I apologize for not checking this thread lately. I did end up with a Bushcompany 270 XT from CVT in Las Vegas, NV and ended up making four brackets for my four Thule load bars. I don't have a roof rack, just dead weight I have no use for. I also didn't want four universal, heavy, and super beefy mounting brackets from Bush Company. My goal is to minimize the amount of weight on top of my roof/rain gutters.

That YT'er did a great job with the pros/cons of the Darche; poles and guy ropes are their biggest gripe. Too many of them which results in a tripping hazard all around! I'm assuming the OVS and OVS Lite are similarly designed.
The beauty of the Bush 270XT is that they don't even offer poles, only three guy ropes+anchors. I really wanted a "true" pole-free design and don't want to worry about wind events. Bush Company clearly states that their awnings require zero poles and if the wind speed is over xxxx miles/hour, use their guy ropes.

Additionally, I have no need for coverage toward the front of the vehicle, which resulted in less arms/weight and one less strap to pull and tighten. I don't hang around the driver door while camping so there's no need for coverage in that area. That eliminated OVS/Darche/23Zero/Bush company 270XT MAX/etc style of awnings.

Last weekend, my buddies showed up at the house to work on a project and we deployed the awning during a windy day with occasional wind gusts that would've prevented me from deploying my previous Batwing awning. This awning simply didn't care and we were all quite impressed. So, that was a huge confidence booster for me. This awning CAN be deployed over a trail side lunch break w/o worrying about the wind. I won't have to bring out the guy ropes, hammer, etc to feel secure about deploying it. Granted, the coverage area is less than the BW 270 awning as the arms are shorter (89" vs 98") but I'm willing to live with is trade off.

Last edited: