N.A.R.V. - 2008 Chevy Express AWD Project

45Kevin

Adventurer
^^^^
What lift and is your van the Chev/GMC AWD?

I'm just about to go with the 2500 suburban rear leaf springs and the Chev 2500 torsion bar keys. Probably go with the Bilstein shocks.

Slapmackie

Observer
LYlqoY2Fo, I'm digging everything you've done. I recently purchased a 2007 AWD 5.3 with 39k miles from up in Ohio, she's mint! I just ordered the Traxda lift kit and plan on doing quite a bit of modifying over the next few months before I tour the country. I'll keep you all posted on the changes as they come, I'm super excited...
Cheers,
Slapmackie unnamed (2).jpg

Slapmackie

Observer
Wow. 39k on a 2007? Did you find it in a time capsule? Congrats.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Man, I've been searching for months and I finally located this guy up in Akron OH. I live in Chattanooga Tennessee and AWD vans just do not exist in the ditry south. I was told that this particular van was an ATF surveillance van and the ATF sticker I found on the door pretty much confirms that. Anyway, she's cherry! Hope to get the lift installed here within the week and get some other exterior goodies installed. She's gonna be a full camper conversion so I'm trying to figure out which direction to go with the interior. All I do know is the AM/FM world is terrible, I need a proper stereo with an auxiliary port like pronto!!!

fire_strom

Adventurer
If it fits and you want it I'll send you the stock head unit I just took out of my '13. AM/FM CD 3.5mm aux plug. Pay for shipping and it's yours.
-G

fire_strom

Adventurer
Damn! Serious? I'm sorry. If you cross reference head units that are compatible with your year and my '13 are there any?
-G

Slapmackie

Observer
Damn! Serious? I'm sorry. If you cross reference head units that are compatible with your year and my '13 are there any?
-G

Yeah man...It's all good. I'm really wanting to install a back-up camera so I might as well bite the bullet and get a head unit with a screen. I've been looking for the past few days but I can't find anything that'll state what will and will not work with my van. Just glancing at the one you sent looked like it would work, almost tore my dash apart assuming it would fit. Just happened to hold it up to mine and noticed it was just a tad bit bigger. I'll figure it out....
Did you happen to lift your van? I ended up getting Traxda lift kit (1" rear, 2-3" front) and plan on installing that next weekend. I'm wonder what size wheels/tires I can go up to with that size lift!?

straker101

Observer
Didn't fit duder :(
It was about a half inch too wide....Back to the drawing board

I have the stock unit from my 2009 Savana. AM/FM, CD, Aux port. Just replaced it a couple of weeks ago with a 7" touch screen. I'm in Canada but happy to send it to you if you want to cover shipping...

Slapmackie

Observer
I have the stock unit from my 2009 Savana. AM/FM, CD, Aux port. Just replaced it a couple of weeks ago with a 7" touch screen. I'm in Canada but happy to send it to you if you want to cover shipping...

Man, totally digging your van! What model Kenwood radio did you end up going with, how do you like it? I'll be installing my traxda lift next weekend, hope it goes smoothly. Also, the headlights are super rad, I can only find the round ones, can you include a link to all this stuff? Ill pay ya in girly giggles:hehe: (Radio, mount, harness kit, headlights)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles