My Perfect Ambulance Platform?

Pangle

Wanderer
Thanks so much for the insight! I do know that it is a 30amp based on the tag but is says max 230Volt? I am having trouble finding a connector so as I can connect it to standard shore plug What would you recommend?

Pangle

Wanderer
Got 4 new Bilstein 4600's on today.. The old shocks were completely toast and the difference was obvious. I also added some more dynamat to the inside of the exterior skins on the doors. The stereo is great with bluetooth and wireless mic. Also being able to play what ever I want via blue tooth and have it play on the rear box speakers is perfect! There is not an ounce of rust on this thing (being in az its whole life) but man this dirt/dust is in every nook and cranny!IMG_5241.JPGIMG_5200.JPG

Pangle

Wanderer
Lots of De-greasing the under side and really scrubbing the outside. I was able to use DEP pro concentrate to actually take out the baked in dirt that was covering this rig. Its gonna take a ton of elbow grease to get it done but it already looks wayyyy better. I also built the bed and put the stock cushions back on for the couch section. I will eventually get them re-covered but I like the way I have them. I also installed the back splash which looks pretty good.... its not perfect but I like it.

I also changed the oil to full syn 5-40 rotella. with 50oz of hot shot secret stiction eliminator and FR3 also from hot shot secret. Two products I have used before and really like. Everything is really moving along and I am pleased with the progress

It rides SO much better with the new shocks!

Attachments

• IMG_5246.JPG
    IMG_5246.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_5247.JPG
    IMG_5247.JPG
    874.2 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_5248.JPG
    IMG_5248.JPG
    899.4 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_5249.JPG
    IMG_5249.JPG
    885.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_5250.JPG
    IMG_5250.JPG
    768.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_5251.JPG
    IMG_5251.JPG
    838.4 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_5253.JPG
    IMG_5253.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_5256.JPG
    IMG_5256.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_5257.JPG
    IMG_5257.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_5258.JPG
    IMG_5258.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 82

Pangle

Wanderer
Today I was able to clean the engine bay a little more which turned out well. I also finished removing the baked on "dust from hell" on the driver side.

My Ecotemp instant shower came in today so, I installed it in an outside cabinet. Its in a spot where I am able to pull the shower head into the box for some hot water at the eventual sink spot. Or I can run a line with a splitter and run it to the faucet. Right now I just have it set up to run off on "shore water" but will eventually install a pump coming from a water storage container so its self contained.

I would like some opinions on the paint.. I had in my mind I was going to paint it in the monstaliner "desert sand" but since I found away to get the dirt out of the paint I may just keep it white??

Also the same dirt is much more difficult to get off the diamond plate so i may just paint it black? thoughts?

today I hit 12,600 miles

Attachments

• IMG_5259.JPG
    IMG_5259.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_5260.JPG
    IMG_5260.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_5261.JPG
    IMG_5261.JPG
    781.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_5262.JPG
    IMG_5262.JPG
    673.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_5263.JPG
    IMG_5263.JPG
    727.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_5264.JPG
    IMG_5264.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 87

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
You will have to get the dirt off the diamond plate to paint it so I would suggest getting it steam cleaned if possible then if you want it “cleaner” checkout the acid wash they use for cleaning up the aluminum on big rigs. Truck detainers will do it for a price.

As for painting the whole vehicle. It’s a bunch of cash you could spend on other modifications or fuel. If you use the 4WD capabilities the truck is going to get scratched up anyway so I would recommend leaving it white. Maybe a couple of murals to break up the starkness but nothing too fancy or you will be worried about damaging them.

Also as an observation. I do not know how you are planning on using the Exotherm but that model needs to be run in open air (I.e with the door open as your photograph shows). Also for storage purposes I would suggest you separate the gas storage (fuel) from the water heater (ignition source).

Great job on the interior stuff. Looks good.

eporter

Adventurer
Wow that's looking great. I really like how easy it looks to do underhood stuff on the pickup vs van. It took me awhile to get the alternator out of my '97 e350 ambo. So little room for that monster. On yours you just lift it right out!

I think the 4x4 pickup ambo is super ideal. It would be nice to have one with an extended or crew cab, or some kind of proper crew seating added in the box. I like a forward facing bench with a window.

Pangle

Wanderer
Hey thanks guys... Yea the shower is gonna be used as you see it, outside. And thanks for the tips on the diamond plate. Im still not sure what I wanna do. The paint I use is monstaliner and is really good exterior paint made for truck beds. Its not that expensive and leaves a nice tough finish. I thought about doing another mural like i did on the last one both to break it up and to give people an idea of what the rig is about. But I also like the "semi stealth" white ambo look.

The truck bodies are SO much easier to work on and you get the factory 4x4 system. I have had a quig ambo 7.3 in the past and it was great for sure but I def like the ease of work and the extra space inside the truck box. The trade off is the size obviously limits your true deep off roading..

Ill keep the build up to date as I go along. I usually get some time every day to work on it.

05TacoMedic

Adventurer
Also is anyone knows why my ambo would have been installed with a european shore plug Im all ears

Our ambulances have a similar plug. Ours is a Kussmaul Auto Eject 110v 30A in Blue. The plug we use is by Pazzoli. It is used to power our onboard HVAC when ambulances are parked in our ambulance bay.
We have a secondary Kussmaul 110v 15A plug in Yellow that uses a standard HD plug that powers our inverter to charge the life saving equipment that isn’t plugged in as well as our dual mini fridges for temp controlled meds and IV bags.

Pangle

Wanderer
Ok cool thanks I really appreciate all the insite. My next goal is to get a working shore power cable.

05TacoMedic

Adventurer

Attachments

• 54A3916A-A53A-4221-B5F9-4EE10EC171F7.jpeg
    54A3916A-A53A-4221-B5F9-4EE10EC171F7.jpeg
    17.5 KB · Views: 27

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
I would suggest changing that receptacle out to a standard 30 amp RV plug. Much easier than custom leads. Something like this. I personally use the marine versions but because they have the “marine” in the description they are twice the price

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076FVNCX1/ref=sspa_mw_detail_1?psc=1

64b8980f166e3c8df0e168bd7a057209.jpg

Pangle

Wanderer
Yea I think that may be the route I end up going. Just looking at the plug its 95$ plus the 100$ for the bulk cable I would want.. seems to make more sense to go with changing out the plug with a more standard config like you said. I could prob sell the one thats in it for more than what it would cost to replace?!

Pangle

Wanderer
yesterday I was poking around the engine bay and discovered there was a battery maintainer which I can plug into. This will suffice fine until I decide to get a new shore power cable set up.

Pangle

Wanderer
Installed an inexpensive HDTV for the rare occasion I will need/want to watch tv or movie. Also finished the back splash.
IMG_5274.JPGIMG_5274.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5275.JPG
    IMG_5275.JPG
    987.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5276.JPG
    IMG_5276.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_5277.JPG
    IMG_5277.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 59

Forum statistics