My New Build: 1990 3-Door Nissan Patrol, 4.2, Diesel

Patrollife

Explorer
So close!
17b1981386ed950f2575688766008a9a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PGtroll1

I'm sad to see it back to the original grey color (Not that it doesnt look really, really good), I just really love the Tan on the shorty. I can completely understand wanting to do everything legally, though.

Patrollife

Explorer
I'm sad to see it back to the original grey color (Not that it doesnt look really, really good), I just really love the Tan on the shorty. I can completely understand wanting to do everything legally, though.

I hear ya. I actually went a little lighter than the original Midnight gray, which looked more black. My title says the color is "negro gris", so the metallic gray with the black gull wings will keep me legal. I could also add the "Patrol" emblem to the sides like before in the color black and pass. I liked the Tan a lot as well, but to be honest, the color came out more yellow than I had originally wanted. I have my thoughts on what happened, but I'd rather not write them down in a public forum.

jhberria

Adventurer
If it's any consolation, I was never really a fan of the yellow/tan paint job.

That being said....I LOVE the new color. It's better than the original color. I'm a sucker for grey hues.

Patrollife

Explorer
If it's any consolation, I was never really a fan of the yellow/tan paint job.

That being said....I LOVE the new color. It's better than the original color. I'm a sucker for grey hues.

Hahahaha appreciate the honesty!

PGtroll1

I hear ya. I actually went a little lighter than the original Midnight gray, which looked more black. My title says the color is "negro gris", so the metallic gray with the black gull wings will keep me legal. I could also add the "Patrol" emblem to the sides like before in the color black and pass. I liked the Tan a lot as well, but to be honest, the color came out more yellow than I had originally wanted. I have my thoughts on what happened, but I'd rather not write them down in a public forum.

I can understand not wanting that out for the public to see.
After seeing yours it really made me want to repaint mine. Id love to do it tan, but i think it might be a bit much on a LWB. Ill probably end up doing something similar in color to yours, i do love metallic grey.

Jampatrol

Observer
Liked the yellow/tan, but prefer the dark grey, to be honest. I've always dreamed of doing mine black/dark grey. A friend of mine has a patrol in that color.

Patrollife

Explorer
Liked the yellow/tan, but prefer the dark grey, to be honest. I've always dreamed of doing mine black/dark grey. A friend of mine has a patrol in that color.

I think I'm falling more and more in love with the dark grey. It's like the yellow wasn't meant to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles