My Mid-life Crisis "build."

Clutch

<---Pass
Boss boss… was happily surprised. I anticipated 500% increase; only got 400%. hahahaha :(

Here I was thinking it was your better half, saying you reached your vehicle buying quota. ;) :)

I still may flip this. I'm pretty sure that I can make 20%. Overall, I like it. I does need two things: Tune - it's tuned for a different elevation. I think there's a ton of upside on this thing. Second thing is just a general updating of the known weak points (i.e. the front axle housing). Then call it good.

Edit: one frustrating thing. I don’t understand why the power windondwitches are on the dash. I’ve heard the “well. The doors are removable “ reasoning, but that doesn’t make sense to my feeble brain... if the power door lock button can be on the door, why not the power window?

And... I’m used to having locker switches in the center of the vehicle. Jeep puts them to the left of the steering wheel. No biggie, just different.

I do like the size. Slightly bigger then a 4runner, smaller than a Tacoma doublecab

Yeah if the doors are removed, you're not going to use the switches anyways... lol

Any vehicle not a Toyota, I feel lost with the switches at first. Have been driving them for so long, doesn't matter what Toyota it is, all of the controls feel like they are in the "right" place.

Any other vehicle I am like why in the Hell would they put that there!? Like in my Trooper, I keep on wanting to push a clutch pedal in that isn't there... ;) think the window switches are in the center console...IIRC, haven't driven it for awhile can't remember for sure.

Reactions: bkg

bkg

Explorer
Lights and wipers - seem different on every brand. I prefer Toyota’s experience. Took me three days to figure out how to turn on the fog lights on the jk. Lol

bkg

Explorer
Ok... it's been a few weeks with the JK now... Few observations...

1 - it's not a Toyota. Fit and finish isn't as nice (didn't expect it to be) as my Tacoma's or 4Runners. Engine isn't as smooth, but it still likes to rev.
2 - It's pretty dang fun to drive. Probably just as much because it's a manual as anything else.
3 - I really like the size. Just a tad longer wheelbase than the 3rd Gen 4Runner.
4 - UConnect is horrible... At least in this non-touchscreen version.
5 - I still don't understand the "Jeep Wave."
6 - I really like the disconnecting sway bar, lockers and 4.0 low range.
7 - It's loud... In part because the suspension required an exhaust change. Should be fairly easy to rectify.
8 - It's effort to drive. In part because it's a manual... and in part because it's different than the Toyota's i'm used to.
9 - Still needs a tune.
10 - I now understand why they are popular. It's a good size, well-equipped, wheeling-ready vehicle.

5448f4158f75c572031b35a0521c0420.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94