My Journey

Ace Brown

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0019
That expression in Trappers eyes says a lot. It’s clear she expects “dad” to make her well. So glad you could.

Sounds like you’re planning to finally get that cabin......but on wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregSplett

Adventurer
I love fishing but hate trebble hooks. have since Bear found me. Ironicaly the only injury she ever had that required veterinarian care was when she found a foot hold trap set illegally on the Sol Duc river. I too was certain she was tangled up in fish hooks.The TRAPPER set the trap at the absolutely most used fishing hole on the river. He was even so bold as too leave his name and address on metal tags. Yes I knocked on his door. Turns out his son was the guilty party and he actually paid my vet bill without my asking. Remember fisherpersons are not the only group of people that litter.

tgil

"Remember fisherpersons are not the only group of people that litter."
Definitely not, unfortunately, where I live (and fish) they are pretty high on the list of offenders though! Like Jerry, I try to pick up after the slobs as I go.
We went to check water temp yesterday eve, at a spot I hadn't been before. The sunset was worth the drive, and Scout came home with a new chew toy!

Attachments

Last edited:

Recommended books for Overlanding

National Geographic Road Atlas 2021: Adventure Edition [U...
by tional Geographic Maps
From $19.29
999 Days Around Africa: The Road Chose Me
by Dan Grec, Dan Grec
From $19.95
The Total Approach of Getting Unstuck Off Road: 4WD Self-...
by Robert Wohlers
From $59.95
Road Fever (Vintage Departures)
by Tim Cahill
From $11.99
JD.....the vet recommended up to 10 days. She's on antibiotics for 10 days and pain medication for 5 days. Next month she gets spayed.....apparently another cone is coming.....thanks.....

Riversdad.....thank you.....

tgil.....the reason for a gasoline engine is that I don't want the hassle of trying to find DEF & ULSD if I go south.....I hear good things about the Ford 7.3 gasoline engine so no concerns with that.....that chew toy is great ! Nice find ! Thank you.....

Alan.....we shall see.....I have the desire to upgrade but the wait times and uncertainty are a real challenge.....bids are finally coming in & that's a start.....the Ford dealer informed me that Ford has quit accepting contracts for 2021 F550 trucks. I had heard it first elsewhere but this is the first time I heard it directly from Ford. The Bozeman, Montana Ford salesman had previously been telling me that March 10th was the cutoff date and he actually argued with me yesterday & said that my information was incorrect & that he would get me a 2021 F550 truck. Thirty minutes later he called back confirming the bad news. Thanks.....

Greg.....yep, not just the fishermen. Yesterday while walking here I observed a man bent over with his pants down to his knees doing his personal business.....it was 9:00 a.m. in broad daylight.....not more than 100 feet away.....enough to make a grown man vomit on the spot. He wasn't a fisherman.....he's camping here. I think I've reached my limit of people for 2021.....

The $501 treble hook.....

20210222_080700_copy_1600x900.jpg

Hard to believe sometimes how quickly time goes by.....while the pain of losing a best friend drags on forever.....it was one year ago today that the world lost an amazing adventurer & wanderer.....

20200524_215212_copy_1600x881.jpg

GregSplett

Adventurer
"Remember fisherpersons are not the only group of people that litter."
Definitely not, unfortunately, where I live (and fish) they are pretty high on the list of offenders though! Like Jerry, I try to pick up after the slobs as I go.
We went to check water temp yesterday eve, at a spot I hadn't been before. The sunset was worth the drive, and Scout came home with a new chew toy!
Been cleaning up after others for decades. Geting really tiresome actually. This year was the worst I have ever seen it with everything here shut down. The woods got hit hard and I mean hard. There is nothing else for people to do and law enforcement has been told to keep interaction to a minimum so its a nasty free for all. I fish Salmon and Steelhead in remote parts of the Olympics so I do not see too much of what the power bait crowd is doing.

chet6.7

Explorer
I have the desire to upgrade but the wait times and uncertainty are a real challenge.....bids are finally coming in & that's a start.....the Ford dealer informed me that Ford has quit accepting contracts for 2021 F550 trucks. I had heard it first elsewhere but this is the first time I heard it directly from Ford. The Bozeman, Montana Ford salesman had previously been telling me that March 10th was the cutoff date and he actually argued with me yesterday & said that my information was incorrect & that he would get me a 2021 F550 truck. Thirty minutes later he called back confirming the bad news. Thanks.....
It looks like supply problems may exist for some time.
"Shortage of computer chips causes problems for auto industry"

GregSplett

Adventurer
I have spent a lifetime drinking water unfiltered or treated for giardia in the Olympic mountains. a few years ago I came apon a young lady pooping in the Duckabush river upstream from where I had just spent my Birthday. I actually let her have it not so nicely explaining why you do not do that and how you do that up here. I left feeling like it went in one ear found nothing that mattered and out the other. I pack a Sawyer water filter now.

GregSplett

Adventurer
It looks like supply problems may exist for some time.
"Shortage of computer chips causes problems for auto industry"
I guess this problem is big with everybody staying home and working from home the demand for semi conductors for home schooling, work and entertainment has gone through the roof. I do not believe anybody really understands how this covid crap is changing the world. Today's chore is to diag my ford trucks bank 1 retarded timing issue. YAY. Bring on the shiny new Phasers.