My attempt at a Pop-up........It begins....

Styx2015

Reviving this thread, but I’ve got a question on your aluminum siding. We are going a similar route on a FWC rebuild with 1/16” 5052 aluminum sheet. When you cut the panels, did you have them run flush up to the edge of the frame where one panel meets another on an edge corner. For example where the side panel meets the rear panel. Or did you leave some gap to allow for expansion/contraction as well as flex when off-roading to prevent the panels from contacting eachother and buckling.

Recommended books for Overlanding

Into Africa
by Sam Manicom
From $26.43
Overlanders' Handbook: Worldwide route and planning guide...
by Chris Scott
From $23.82
Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who Dies, and Why
by Laurence Gonzales
From $9.99

lindy74

Observer
Reviving this thread, but I’ve got a question on your aluminum siding. We are going a similar route on a FWC rebuild with 1/16” 5052 aluminum sheet. When you cut the panels, did you have them run flush up to the edge of the frame where one panel meets another on an edge corner. For example where the side panel meets the rear panel. Or did you leave some gap to allow for expansion/contraction as well as flex when off-roading to prevent the panels from contacting eachother and buckling.
Hey there, I actually left a small gap, and covered it with the corner angle trim. Maybe about 1/8-1/4 inch between sheets.

Bike_Mech

Adventurer
Very cool build, not sure how I missed this one the first time around. How are those gas struts holding up, especially the ones mounted on the front of the camper?

Thanks
-Chris

ITTOG

Why not weld the corners so you are guaranteed to not have any leaks? Do you think there will be too much expansion/contraction?

Hey there, I actually left a small gap, and covered it with the corner angle trim. Maybe about 1/8-1/4 inch between sheets.
I really like the color you selected. It looks really nice.

How do you like the aluminum siding? ? Do you have any buckling or indentions between the aluminum framing? I am building a camper now, link in my signature, and have been thinking about using an aluminum composite material. It is polyethylene sandwiched by aluminum and is 3mm thick. I am planning on using it because I am afraid just straight aluminum won't look good.

I am also planning to use the VHB tape. Have you had any of it come loose, that you know of?