My all purpose 80 series restoration and build.

Chi-Town

The guy under the car
I've recently sold my Cherokee and picked up a 96' Land Cruiser to replace it. I figure I will document the process of restoring her back to operating conditions and once that is done it'll be time to build her up a little for some nice road trips to the middle of nowhere. ;)

She is a 246k miles 1996 with factory lockers and has been not very well maintained. So far I have:
Replaced the EGR system and cleaned all associated vacuum ports.
Replaced the front wheel bearings
Replaced the O2 sensors
Replaced the v-belts
Replaced the distributor cap, rotor, wires and plugs.
Removed the hacked in old alarm and stereo wiring.
Installed a new Pioneer Bluetooth single din radio (cb will be below it)
Fixed an inoperative temperature blend door
Removed the factory side steps.
Installed center differential lock switch.

Next up is tires and shocks.

(Pics to come)

Upland80

Adventurer
Huge upgrade over the Jeep...Welcome to the obsession! I'm not too far away from you over in Upland so hit me up when you get that thing running and maybe we can hit some trails!

Chi-Town

The guy under the car
Thanks and will do :)

She's coming together nicely. Picked up a set of falken wild peak at this weekend so now it has 4 matching tires and a spare that's not flat.

Ordered up a set of new shocks and a set of Gamiviti seat gears for the passenger seat with my tax return so that's the projects for this weekend.

Oh and I finally got her to stand still long enough to take a picture. I was mocking up my defender roof rack to see how it fit. It fit well but is to tall for my garage with the 2" lift I have planned.
20140223_120414.jpg

Chi-Town

The guy under the car
Thanks!

I have a set of OME mediums and Icon shocks hopefully going in this weekend. After I see how it handles I'll figure out if I want to replace the bushings or just do adjustable links.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior