My 2016 Mojave Sand JKUR

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
4379E2FF-6E82-4F48-9D9F-DBCAAF39950C.jpg

The combination of the Warn 8274 and Master Pull rope for me is the best choice possible out there. You can fit 200 feet of rope and the reliability is second to none. There really is no other better option out there for Wranglers.

Alphonse

Observer
There really is no other better option out there for Wranglers.

It's good that you are confident in what you are running, but we all make what we feel is the best choice. I feel like you are blocking a lot of radiator flow for no benefit. Just my opinion for my needs.

I carry a couple winch extensions that were $25 on Amazon and use an integrated solenoid winch with 100ft of synthetic that sits low profile and doesn't block nearly as much air flow to the radiator. I feel that's the best option since I've only needed more than 100ft of line once and my extensions had me covered.

It's good that you are confident in what you are running, but we all make what we feel is the best choice. I feel like you are blocking a lot of radiator flow for no benefit. Just my opinion for my needs.

I carry a couple winch extensions that were $25 on Amazon and use an integrated solenoid winch with 100ft of synthetic that sits low profile and doesn't block nearly as much air flow to the radiator. I feel that's the best option since I've only needed more than 100ft of line once and my extensions had me covered.
It's not fair to say for no benefit... he clearly states his reasoning and the benefit that he gets out of it (200' line).

Not to speak for the OP but if you know his background you would also know he is very experienced and capable and not a armchair wheeler.

To keep the thread positive- I have to say there are very few JK's that do a good job of standing out while not looking ridiculous, this build has got my attention... in a good way

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
4379E2FF-6E82-4F48-9D9F-DBCAAF39950C.jpg

The combination of the Warn 8274 and Master Pull rope for me is the best choice possible out there. You can fit 200 feet of rope and the reliability is second to none. There really is no other better option out there for Wranglers.

Love this winch!
Worked one real hard about 15 years ago two group 34 batteries in parallel. Wire rope was hot, winch was hot we were hot. But it just kept working. :)

My brother is restoring an old one. Warn stocks everything, right down to the stickers.
The aftermarket hop-up parts is amazing.
I think it"s a real cool choice.
:beer:

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
It's not fair to say for no benefit... he clearly states his reasoning and the benefit that he gets out of it (200' line).

Not to speak for the OP but if you know his background you would also know he is very experienced and capable and not a armchair wheeler.

To keep the thread positive- I have to say there are very few JK's that do a good job of standing out while not looking ridiculous, this build has got my attention... in a good way

Thanks for the vote of confidence. You are correct in saying I've come to this conclusion based on years of experience doing this at an extreme level. More than my personal experience, it was out of recommendations and watching more experienced people using their gear. The 8274 was a clear favorite simply because of its reliability. The 200' was the icing on the cake.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Love this winch!
Worked one real hard about 15 years ago two group 34 batteries in parallel. Wire rope was hot, winch was hot we were hot. But it just kept working. :)

My brother is restoring an old one. Warn stocks everything, right down to the stickers.
The aftermarket hop-up parts is amazing.
I think it"s a real cool choice.
:beer:

Yeah. They're such awesome workhorses! I have some of the upgrades. Used to do my own upgrades, but have lost access to the shops that used to do the mods for me. Now I just get them from Gigglepin.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
199D5064-C3F7-4688-8ADB-892DBBAB927B.jpg

A buddy with the knockoff JWS taillights had a set of similar light guards. They're designed for the factory OEM lights, but the holes actually line up. I figured they were not compatible with ones designed for OEM lights, so I never bothered to even look. What is not compatible with the JWS ones is the mounting hardware. I had to get some 2-1/2" #10 screws and they worked perfectly. You use the original light screws for the inboard ones and for the outboard ones you use the 2-1/2" ones. I will eventually color match them along with the lights too.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
E82E584A-D6CA-46F9-8C0B-7F737EA6C055.jpg

239F8C3D-4239-4601-B598-4D5C95964BEB.jpg

Mounted the IROK-ND on the color matched Huthcinson beadlocks.

E660B6F9-5A33-42A1-8FE0-69894855C5B0.jpg

I also installed the Teraflex hinge and spare mount.

6E000AC8-0F3D-4EA3-A3BB-6A6859B7A671.jpg

The Hilift mount and Emergency backup tool were also added. :D

Alphonse

Observer

Thanks for responding, and looking back I have to admit I sounded like a jerk in that post. You are right I do not know the OP at all or his experience I am only going by my own experience.

OP I'm sorry for mucking up your build thread with negativity! I'm enjoying following your build and the choices you are making to create your JKU.

Last edited:

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Thanks for responding, and looking back I have to admit I sounded like a jerk in that post. You are right I do not know the OP at all or his experience I am only going by my own experience.

OP I'm sorry for mucking up your build thread with negativity! I'm enjoying following your build and the choices you are making to create your JKU.

No worries. I build my vehicles according to my needs and experiences. So should you.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
DFBCE41A-0DB6-404F-8D3A-8614D68AA914.jpg

Great rainy day to work upon the Jeep. Installed the Grenadeacorp sub roof concealed storage system. This thing is awesome!!!

F99767A7-3FB1-4793-B422-390102604D36.jpg

When it's folded up, it practically disappears. If you upholster it in black carpet it will become invisible to peering eyes. It's built tough and the installation is very well thought out.

2A247ED2-A7C1-40D8-B075-128275188104.jpg

D8C49B80-04CF-4CE6-8BAE-7D85C3981E52.jpg

The hinges are secured by a bolt that's already on the roll cage and easily accessible without having to cut padding. When you remove the roof, all you have to do is remove these two bolts to get rid of the whole setup. Very simple.

3B52720B-2A45-4782-AB70-92B7EC350ED7.jpg

E46AD8D9-5BE6-4940-85BC-081C3128E6B4.jpg

The locking latches are very nifty because as you twist them, it pulls up the tray up against the roof. My only complaint is that the latches are left so exposed. You really can't tamper with them, but even then I'll be making my own little covers.

Next I'll be installing some closed cell foam and cutting it to fit some firearms. The tray does come with a Velcro base with some straps to tie down your firearms. I'm sure it works fine, but I much prefer the foam because it keeps things organized and more secure.

Here's a link to their web page: http://www.grenadeacorp.com

TTEPHOTOS

Organizer
Wondering how accessible content would be from this with the little racks folks can get from adventure trailers and teraflex. Would love to load up my camera equipment with foam in one of these to have accessable and hidden!

JSwanson

Observer
E82E584A-D6CA-46F9-8C0B-7F737EA6C055.jpg

239F8C3D-4239-4601-B598-4D5C95964BEB.jpg

Mounted the IROK-ND on the color matched Huthcinson beadlocks.

E660B6F9-5A33-42A1-8FE0-69894855C5B0.jpg

I also installed the Teraflex hinge and spare mount.

6E000AC8-0F3D-4EA3-A3BB-6A6859B7A671.jpg

The Hilift mount and Emergency backup tool were also added. :D

Did you build that high lift mount? I really like it. What thickness is the material used. Love all your colormatching btw.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Wondering how accessible content would be from this with the little racks folks can get from adventure trailers and teraflex. Would love to load up my camera equipment with foam in one of these to have accessable and hidden!

Give me the height of the highest part of one of those racks, and I'll take a pic with it folded down at that height. That way you can see if its something that would work for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94