My 2016 Mojave Sand JKUR

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Any issues with canbus/flickering etc? Do you have the part numbers and place of purchase info? I've been looking at doing the same thing.

No flickering. Part numbers for what? All my LED lights are JW Speaker ones.

Last edited:

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
4C8B538D-20AB-4EDA-9160-2A41D431461C.jpg

Added some tie down rails to the Tuffy deck/lid. That space above the lid is so perfect for storing light stuff that it's a shame to not use it. The rails also help stiffen the lid, making it harder to pry on.

78FB161C-8EE3-448A-8C20-8D77BED37E6F.jpg

I used the Raingler net, I originally had for the floor tie downs, to secure the load on the deck. Next step is to add some gas struts to help keep the lid up.

BCobe

Adventurer
How does the lid work with a fridge and a slide? Like you stated, be a cool idea for extra storage on top.

rubicon91

Explorer
How does the lid work with a fridge and a slide? Like you stated, be a cool idea for extra storage on top.

The tuffy deck does not work with fridges at least not the ARB fridge. They are too tall. There are only a couple of rear trays that work with the fridges. The Teraflex is adjustable and so is the Adventure Trailer one. Outside of those 2 the only other one that possibly can work is the Vector Offroad one. Those are it that I am aware of. I am sure there might be one or 2 others but I just am not sure. The TF one I have and it is at the highest adjustment so that my 50qt can fit under it. Hope that helps.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
D3BE504E-14F0-4338-92E3-E2ACCF316ABE.jpg

694DB7FB-18F8-4B39-83D3-B6C57343A212.jpg

Added some 20" 10lbs gas struts to the Tuffy security deck/lid. Took a lot of measuring and testing till I found the idea location. Do not get any struts that are stronger than 10lbs because you'll be fighting it to close the tailgate. Works like a champ and makes accessing the cargo so much more comfortable.

Stoked

Observer
I really love this build!

Can you expand on the trimming you had to do with the interference between the fenders and the Teraflex sliders? I was looking at running those myself, but with Poison Spider standard width fenders.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
I really love this build!

Can you expand on the trimming you had to do with the interference between the fenders and the Teraflex sliders? I was looking at running those myself, but with Poison Spider standard width fenders.

The ends of the fenders that touch the sliders need to be trimmed. Will try to get some pics for you. It wasn't hard to do. Just time consuming with the grinder.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
5B2AAF56-53E4-4480-9EF8-6C8E4DB8C407.jpg

36684502-4CF9-435D-A2C3-69993466FFCF.jpg

Added some color matched steel corners for some extra protection. Plan to paint the rivets to match. Right side needs an extra rivet next to the light. Next I'm going to paint fuel lid, taillights and license plate mount.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
8B283EB4-4808-49D5-A31C-7548E9E07A71.jpg

After cutting, drilling, painting and a bunch of silicone, I finally installed the snorkel. Hope I never need it.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
B5D7DA4D-EA3B-49D6-B361-81EDDFEDD838.jpg

Finally installed the winch!!!!!! Still waiting on the 200 ft of Master Pull rope. Don't do steel. I'll also be getting rid of the solenoid pack and installing an industrial contactor under the hood. I'll do that together with the dual battery tray. Like all projects, this never ends. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior