My 2016 Mojave Sand JKUR

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
34B86547-9AE6-41D9-AA9A-6748D9C264DE.jpg

Installed the front molle panel. It's Spod compatible and also great for stuff like a CB or OBD Scanner/Gauges.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Recon, do you still have the H3? Nice looking Jeep.

www.getlostoverlanding.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes sir! No plans to get rid of it. It's been delegated exclusively to emergency work, so the rear seats are gone and it's full of recovery and emergency gear. That's why I got the JK. It's for daily use and for family outings. The JK will still be geared up for emergency work too. Just not as extreme. Simply because you never know when I may be needed that I don't have time to go get to the Hummer first. It's already happened a few times. During hurricane Matthew, the Hummer came out due to the severity of the emergency.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Yes sir! No plans to get rid of it. It's been delegated exclusively to emergency work, so the rear seats are gone and it's full of recovery and emergency gear. That's why I got the JK. It's for daily use and for family outings. The JK will still be geared up for emergency work too. Just not as extreme. Simply because you never know when I may be needed that I don't have time to go get to the Hummer first. It's already happened a few times. During hurricane Matthew, the Hummer came out due to the severity of the emergency.

I think that is a great way to look at things. I keep the Jeep ready for the same reasons (only out here it's more earthquake & fire related).

rubicon91

Explorer
34B86547-9AE6-41D9-AA9A-6748D9C264DE.jpg

Installed the front molle panel. It's Spod compatible and also great for stuff like a CB or OBD Scanner/Gauges.
Oh wow I like that there. I am going to have to look into that. Looks great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
8C166089-2FBF-4142-A9F1-FC69F3CCF307.jpg

Installed a Power Tank base in the rear. Already had the tank from my Hummer. Don't leave home without it! :)

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Got some more goodies from Molle Platform Solutions. This is something I came up with and have been brainstorming with Alan of MPS. They're small Molle panels that bolt up to the door retention strap loop. The main reason for designing these was to have a place to keep spare mags, but you can pretty much use them for whatever your needs may be.

There's three different designs we are testing. The first option is whether you want to have three rows wide or four rows wide. The second option if the top row is standard sized or 1.5" wide. The reason for the 1.5" width is to simulate the size of most belts. I wanted this because I can clip onto it my EDC mag pouch which is also designed for a 1.5" belt. This way it's not loose and rattling. You can mount the mag pouch either inside the panel, so it more snug, or outside if the pouches is larger or a piggyback style. If you get the three row style you can run three pistol mags or a combo of one pistol mag and a rifle mag. If you get the 4 row you can run two rifle mags or two piggy back mags. With the three row you can still use the factory net pocket, which I find pretty much useless. I'll decide after some extensive testing.

5DE325DC-E5B8-44CD-B7FB-BC6AD1E40767.jpg

This is the three row version with the standard size Molle.

D3D33CB7-042D-452D-992C-B9E5A970DF73.jpg

This is the four row with the 1.5" width top row to match my belt.

CA8340F1-AD42-4E34-B8CA-FC353BFB6CAD.jpg

This is the three row 1.5" width mounted on the drivers door.

D20AD5B8-5834-4D50-92F8-D4A985F12753.jpg

Here you can see my EDC pistol pouch clipped to the inside of the panel and a piggyback rifle/pistol Taco mounted on the outside. The Tacos are awesome because they expand to just about any rifle or pistol mag. You can also put your phone in the rifle mag and a light or multi tool in the pistol pouch.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
All the newer tac vehicles have switched to green interior lights...red makes sweat look like blood.

I've tried the blue and greens, but much prefer the red. Even though the other colors provide better definition, red keeps my vision more relaxed. Personal preference I guess. :)

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
1CD41801-CA9C-4AAB-A214-A5518D249547.jpg

Installed the Off Road Evolution oil pan and transmission skid plates. These things are very well designed and strong as hell. Hate the exhaust how it's so exposed. Will have to get a custom exhaust shop to do a better reroute.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Nice updates. :beer:

On the exhaust, it is really well tuned for best performance, so be careful with mods on that.
I've not had any damage to the "trumpet", and the cross over pipe is protected by an M.O.R.E. trans/engine skid plate, which also protects the transmission cross member.
The transmission cross member, and the front of the fuel tank skid plate is really vulnerable to damage, as that is the break over point.

Since you already have the cool ORE skids, it might be worthwhile to have a piece of 3/16" plate bent that could mount to the cross member and go slightly in front of the cross over pipe.
Something like a much shallower version of this: \__/

If you can protect your fuel tank skid plate before you go off road the first time, you'll be happy. I dented in and banged out the stock skid a few times before installing an aluminum skid over top. Installing the skid plate over top was kind of a PITA, because each time the stock skid plate was hammered out, the metal stretched a bit. So fitment took a bit of time.
Hth,

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Nice updates. :beer:

On the exhaust, it is really well tuned for best performance, so be careful with mods on that.
I've not had any damage to the "trumpet", and the cross over pipe is protected by an M.O.R.E. trans/engine skid plate, which also protects the transmission cross member.
The transmission cross member, and the front of the fuel tank skid plate is really vulnerable to damage, as that is the break over point.

Since you already have the cool ORE skids, it might be worthwhile to have a piece of 3/16" plate bent that could mount to the cross member and go slightly in front of the cross over pipe.
Something like a much shallower version of this: \__/

If you can protect your fuel tank skid plate before you go off road the first time, you'll be happy. I dented in and banged out the stock skid a few times before installing an aluminum skid over top. Installing the skid plate over top was kind of a PITA, because each time the stock skid plate was hammered out, the metal stretched a bit. So fitment took a bit of time.
Hth,

I definitely plan to do a supplemental skid for the fuel tank skid for exactly the reasons you explain. I just want to avoid those one piece long skid plates that many make. They accumulate crap and retain heat. On my Hummer I don't have skids. I have a series of protective tube cages that let air flow and debris to not accumulate. That's why I chose the ORE ones. They cover just enough of what needs to be covered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles