Montrose, CO Rendezvous Trip

As the weather gets better my thoughts turn to the Rendezvous that is just one month away. I first went to this event two years ago. After getting camp set up I wandered to the primitive camp and visited with the people who were in attendance. At 6 pm I was politely asked to leave as I was not "dressed". Looking at my t-shirt and jeans I asked, "What's wrong with what I have on?" Shortly afterward the camp sprung to action and found primitive dress for my children and I to borrow. The following year we hit the thrift stores and fashioned our own primitive clothing.

And with that, here is a preview from our trip from last Summer:

Our own campsite just 300 yards away from the primitive camp:

View from our campsite the next morning:

Candy Cannon that was put on for kids big and small:

Children's Skit at the Talent Show:

Council Fire Potluck Dinner:

Chidren roasting Marshmallows at Family Camp:

Memorial Day Veteran's Flag Ceremony at Council Fire:

This year we plan on going again and camping in a canvas outfitters tent that we got from some people we met last year. The tent had not been used in over 7 years and I asked if they would sell it to me so the children and I could put it to use. They were so happy that someone with children would be getting it that they helped me load it up with the understanding that I would offer what I felt it was worth. If I thought it was not in very good shape, I could just keep it.

I hope that you enjoy the pictures and wish you happy travels over the coming months from my family to yours.

Kevin

That is so cool where can I find more information about the rendezvous.

There are several of these across the country. There is a website called talking bear or something like that where you can find information about some of these. I ended up planning our trip then looked on the Montrose, CO visitor's bureau website where I found information about this on their calendar of events. I would highly suggest that you attend one in your area if you are interested. If you have plans to come to Colorado this Summer I can give you some information that I was able to get on a few that will be held here on the Western Slope.

Kevin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior