Moby 1 Owners - Maintenance, Mods, Tech Tips & Tricks

Staggrlee

Observer
... and got the Eezi-Awn K9 71"x59" rack mounted on the existing pseudo gutters. Thanks to Paul @Equipt for brainstorming how to span the center cross bars to pick up the middle feet.

K9 awning brackets luckily worked great with the mounting towers that we supplied. The awning is tucked up close to the trailer vs previous kludge using an ARB on the mount designed around a Hannibal awning. No more rain running down between the trailer and awning or, at the very least, a lot less!

T-slots and mounting options galore for storage, accessories and solar means tons of easy-on/easy-off options that we can share with our truck.

MVIMG_20190914_112945 (Large).jpgMVIMG_20190914_112930 (Large).jpgMVIMG_20190914_113000 (Large).jpg

TravelsWithRalph

Adventurer
Oh, perfect. I've been wanting to do this very thing for a while. The rain between the roof and awning is annoying. The original steel roof rack is plenty strong but since I don't have the Hannible awning, I don't need those brackets that are built into it. Thanks

Dbhummer

Hi All,
I have a question about the Moby 1 XTR wiring. In the battery box there is a large red rotary switch, on-off switch. Two red wires from the two batteries, positive poles, runs to one pole on the switch. On the other pole is a black wire that goes thru the floor of the battery box and runs toward the back of the trailer. What or where does this black wire run to?

drifter-co

So @VORSHEER installed the Timbren 5200lb suspension on our trailer this week and we're very happy with how it turned out. Threw them a bit of a curve ball with the Toyota 17"steel rims we have on it and the backspacing on them required fitting wheel spacers which hung things up for a couple days while those were ordered.

Drove almost 1000 miles on it back to Seattle which included some rough roads and high winds and it handled that with ease. Will be nice to no longer be continually worried about the under-sized suspension that Moby put on it.

Great to meet Steve, Davin and Don and get to visit their shop. They were about to put the body on a new XOC and got to see all the improvements they've made to the design. The frame optimization is something most people won't see, but that combined with the Timbren suspension etc. means these are probably rolling out the door fully optioned at ~ 2500lbs would be my guess.

View attachment 538781View attachment 538782
Is this the 5200lb HD or non HD? Standard or one of the lifted versions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles