Mobile water setup?

TheThom

Adventurer
Hey guys,

I purchased the Eccotemp water heater and a sureflo pump for my pop-up camper rebuild. My tought is to have a mobile unit that I can either hang on the outside of the camper or put whereever it's convenient. I like the idea of not being tied to having it in one location.

I was thinking of attaching plywood to the back of the eccotemp and attaching the pump to that as well. That way it would all be one unit - but that seems kind of bulky.

My water source will be Water cans with a PEX run down into them and going up to the pump from there.

Could you guys post pics of your setup? I'm not doing an awesome slide out setup like Woods or anything, so any pics of modular unit setup would be helpful.

Thanks

Thom

Woods

Explorer
Could you build a cabinet style box to hold the water heater and pump? Picture a medicine cabinet. You wouldn't even need to use a door on it. The bottom being square would make for a stand to hold it upright. Done right, it wouldn't take much more room than the water heater itself.

DonBeasley

Adventurer
Your slide out kitchen is nice, but I'm avoiding slide outs for bear purposes.

Do bears take showers, who knew!!!!

Seriously I have almost the exact setup but have yet to put it together as a unit so I too would love to see pictures of others setups. Trying to figure out a compact setup that is small for storage but easy to setup.

TheThom

Adventurer
Could you build a cabinet style box to hold the water heater and pump? Picture a medicine cabinet. You wouldn't even need to use a door on it. The bottom being square would make for a stand to hold it upright. Done right, it wouldn't take much more room than the water heater itself.

One idea I'm mulling around is making a large crate-like box out of cedar. It could open and then serve as a platform for the bathroom/shower floor. That would likely need to be bigger than what you describe. Instead of holding toiletries, it'd hold the eccotemp and pump. Something like this

portable-cedar-floor-for-camping-showers-2.jpg

Google it Research

Master of Disaster
One idea I'm mulling around is making a large crate-like box out of cedar. It could open and then serve as a platform for the bathroom/shower floor. That would likely need to be bigger than what you describe. Instead of holding toiletries, it'd hold the eccotemp and pump. Something like this

View attachment 144667

That's an excellent idea, and I have no shame admitting I'm stealing it. I might even be so bold as to tell my family it's my original idea.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Make sure you ventilate that box. Storing propane in anything other than a container that's designed for it is risky business.

And make sure some of those vents are near the bottom. Propane is heavier than air.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman