MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

New owner here, love the thread and the information! I’m out on the Western slope of CO and the temps are starting to warm up. Dumb question, but how do you guys go about operating your water systems? I get how to fill and drain the main tank, but what other steps do I need to take to “de-winterize” the unit and get hot showers pumping?

cheers!

It's my first time coming out of winter and I'm wondering the same thing. Do the lines and tank need to be flushed and disinfected before use? If so, what are people using for disinfectant?

I finally got around to installing this Topargee water meter. Varying standards of threads made this install way harder than it needed to be. I ended up sourcing G thread female to NPT male adapters on Amazon. Connected those to 2 x 1/2 inch Sharkbites to match the 1/2 inch PEX.

20220409_140514.jpg
20220409_140553.jpg

It's still below freezing here, so I haven't had a chance to test it. Most people report good results. I'll report back once I use it.

KevinS

It's my first time coming out of winter and I'm wondering the same thing. Do the lines and tank need to be flushed and disinfected before use? If so, what are people using for disinfectant?

Winterizing the Summit’s water system requires nothing more than draining and blowing the lines out with low pressure (~40 psi). There is no need to use antifreeze, which can harm the Truma.
Water system should be disinfected at least once a year. The Truma manual specifically mentions to not use bleach. I’m guessing the water tank might be stainless steel. Use an ethanol based disinfectant. These are widely available for RV water systems.

Winterizing the Summit’s water system requires nothing more than draining and blowing the lines out with low pressure (~40 psi). There is no need to use antifreeze, which can harm the Truma.
Water system should be disinfected at least once a year. The Truma manual specifically mentions to not use bleach. I’m guessing the water tank might be stainless steel. Use an ethanol based disinfectant. These are widely available for RV water systems.

I got it winterized successfully (I think). We will see if anything froze when I fill it back up in a couple weeks.

First time, de-winterizing it. Thanks for the heads up on the bleach. I was about to use bleach! I'll have to pick up some ethanol disinfectant. Thx

loup407

Adventurer
We are on the Best Slope as well!
Haven‘T seen the need to disinfect. (yet) Will just but 20-30 gallons in the tan, turn on the pump, and turn on the Truma, and run hot and cold water through the sink and shower until the air is out of the lines. It can take a little while.

New owner here, love the thread and the information! I’m out on the Western slope of CO and the temps are starting to warm up. Dumb question, but how do you guys go about operating your water systems? I get how to fill and drain the main tank, but what other steps do I need to take to “de-winterize” the unit and get hot showers pumping?

cheers!

Meat Patty

We are on the Best Slope as well!
Haven‘T seen the need to disinfect. (yet) Will just but 20-30 gallons in the tan, turn on the pump, and turn on the Truma, and run hot and cold water through the sink and shower until the air is out of the lines. It can take a little while.

Nice!! We’re in Pagosa.

In terms of order of operations,I assume you fill the main tank first and then the center switch is the pump? Any valves to open to let water flow to the Truma?

loup407

Adventurer
Cool! We are near GJ.
There is a valve that lets to drain the Truma. It’s a cam lever. Hopefully you used it to drain the tank in the Truma. You’ll want to make sure it’s closed. Once you energize the pump, turn on the hot water at the sink, and eventually air will stop coming out, just water. Do the same with the shower, plug in the hose and run hot and cold until only water comes out. That’s it.

Nice!! We’re in Pagosa.

In terms of order of operations,I assume you fill the main tank first and then the center switch is the pump? Any valves to open to let water flow to the Truma?

loup407

Adventurer
mep1811: Mike, I am also pulling my MO with a 200. Did you swap out your hubs so you could run 5x150 wheels on your trailer? If so, how did you mount the spare? It seems to be setup for a six bolt wheel. Thanks!

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
mep1811: Mike, I am also pulling my MO with a 200. Did you swap out your hubs so you could run 5x150 wheels on your trailer? If so, how did you mount the spare? It seems to be setup for a six bolt wheel. Thanks!

I have a spare on my trailer. I don't see any need to run the same tires and wheels. Using any hub adapter will make the tire/wheel stick out past the fenders and adds stress to the hub assembly.

loup407

Adventurer
Thanks, Mike. I agree re: the hub adapter. I planned on replacing the hub with a hub that has the same 5x150 bolt pattern as the LC wheels. On my previous two trailers, I used same wheels/tires on the tow vehicle and trailer.

Some pictures from our trip. In Kalispell, MT now.
Watching D/L content while monitoring the bear camera. A Grizzly ate a woman close by where I was cooking.
View attachment 671786View attachment 671787View attachment 671788View attachment 671789View attachment 671790View attachment 671791View attachment 671792

Mike, what did you end up installing for your rear camera? I have the wife asking for something similiar for late night peeing excursions.

I have been considering purchasing the Garmin Overlander tablet anyway and thought I could also install one of their backup cameras. I'm not sure if it works at night however.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Mike, what did you end up installing for your rear camera? I have the wife asking for something similiar for late night peeing excursions.

I have been considering purchasing the Garmin Overlander tablet anyway and thought I could also install one of their backup cameras. I'm not sure if it works at night however.

I just got a wireless RV dual camera system. from Amazon. There is a large assortment to choose from. I like the Overlander and BC-35 solution.

That was not available when I did my cameras. The downside is having to remember to bring the Overlander into the trailer and the camera does not have IR emitters for night vision. . My system is always in the trailer .

I don't need a trailer backup camera because I always have a ground guide.

I just got a wireless RV dual camera system. from Amazon. There is a large assortment to choose from. I like the Overlander and BC-35 solution.

That was not available when I did my cameras. The downside is having to remember to bring the Overlander into the trailer and the camera does not have IR emitters for night vision. . My system is always in the trailer .

I don't need a trailer backup camera because I always have a ground guide.

Ahh thanks. Yes, not having the IR emitters is a downside. Was thinking I'd install a rear LED light on one of the open switches. All things considered, the Garmin option will probably end up costing me 3 times as much, but I was considering one anyways for the navigation. Maybe I'll shop around. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94