MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
"The world is not in your books and maps...it's out there...you'll have a story of your own to tell when you come back."

- Galdalf the Grey to Bilbo Baggins in the book "The Hobbit" by J.R.R. Tolkein. A good read.

Geoff & Moab 2006.jpg

My buddy Geoff's 60 series LC in southeastern Utah a few years ago.

Last edited:

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
"I choose to listen to the river for awhile, thinking river thoughts before joining the night and stars."

- Edward Abbey

North Idaho River 2.jpeg

Still dreaming of places we've been, and places we yet have to see.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
This late spring time is typically when we set out to see some new country. Not this year. But some time soon. Where does the time go?

Check out Nancy Griffith singing "Who knows where the time goes?" on YouTube. 10,000 Maniacs does a pretty good job with this song too. Judy Collins, Rufus Wainwright. And Eva Cassidy. All good, but if you want the original, listen to Sandy Denny and Fairpoint Convention do it. Play it around a campfire some night. Wonderful music.

Across the purple sky, all the birds are leaving
But how can they know it's time for them to go?
Before the winter fire, I will still be dreaming
I have no thought of time

For who knows where the time goes?
Who knows where the time goes?

Sad, deserted shore, your fickle friends are leaving
Ah, but then you know it's time for them to go
But I will still be here, I have no thought of leaving
I do not count the time

For who knows where the time goes?
Who knows where the time goes?

And I am not alone while my love is near me
I know it will be so until it's time to go
So come the storms of winter and then the birds in spring again
I do not fear the time

For who knows how my love grows?
And who knows where the time goes?

- Sandy Denny

Spiderweb.jpg

Pic taken on an early summer morning on the Montana/Idaho border. Right before I shot this we heard a pack of wolves singing on the ridgeline above us. Heaven.

Last edited:

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I almost hate to give this area any publicity. The Riggins, ID, area is remote and beautiful. I want to get back here, to this site, set up Beastie for a multiday camp, and go fly fishing.

I look at that burnt stump of a pine tree and wonder; was the snow load so high some winter past that the logger could cut it off that high and leave the rest?

Riggins, ID.jpg

Last edited:

ITTOG

"We are all navigating an external world...but only through the prism of our own minds, our own subjective experience...the majesty of the universe is only ever conjured up in the mind."

- Niels Bohr

View attachment 586607

I sometimes wonder that had I ever had the opportunity to meet up with individuals like Einstein or Bohr could I even had held a rational conversation with them? I think I'd just show them pictures of where we've been and try to explain why we do this.
I am a chemical engineer so I know a lot about Einstein. For the most part they say he was very personable and could talk with anyone. So he must have been good at talking "down" to most people he encountered.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Yes, I made sure that all the wheels and tires were the same on the 4Runner and Beastie. I keep a special socket in the glovebox that will fit.
Good. I'm looking for new wheels . Still grounded with the damn wheel issue.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I had the hitch changed out for a lunette ring. Now I have much better trailer articulation off road. If need be , I can unbolt the receiver and bolt on the ball hitch.
I also added 12 inches to the tongue length so I can make U turns without hitting the trailer and open up the bumper swing outs.

View attachment 586038View attachment 586039View attachment 586040View attachment 586041View attachment 586042
Good ideas Mike. I had Mark install a Max Coupler before I picked Beastie up.

id like to have a rear bumper like yours. The added 12” would make it work for me.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Yep, read it and will check on our walkthrough to be sure we take the right tools. Already taking tires with us as backups. I think the fan and windows are good but I am that magical age that needs tons of air moving or get grumpy ?
Welcome aboard Daisy22!

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I called Pro Comp and I was told those wheels are not designed for regular lug nuts. The wheels were designed to be used with spline locking lug nuts .

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Well, damn it, can't get out camping. So have been listening to some tunes. This version of "Not Fade Away" by Buddy Holly is one of my favorites. Kinda shows my age too!

Doesn't have much to do with camping other than is exudes the same feeling of joy I get from hitting a new trail or walking a new trout stream for the first time. Heck of an eclectic group of performers also. Hey Mike, have you ever attended an Austin City Limits performance? Sure wish I could.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles