MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

loup407

Adventurer
I put a fabric sheet over our trailer, which is parked between our garage and a side fence.
Trying tokeep the HOA happy and UV off the trailer. So far, so good.
For those of you storing your Summit outdoors, what covers do you recommend? The UV in Colorado is no joke...not to mention the wind, hail, and snow! ;)

Strautins

Hey all, we’ve put a deposit down on a new M.O. Summit and can’t wait to take delivery and join the family! I’ve managed to read through this entire thread and there’s been a ton of great info…thanks for that. One thing I’m still curious about is how people are transporting bikes? I’ve seen this mentioned previously, but no real solid solutions. Our Summit will mostly be used as a base camp for cycling trips and racing, so bike transport/storage is key. Currently have a OneUp rack on my tow vehicle, so that could be utilized in some way, although without an accessory hitch it’s a bit of a head scratcher. Saw the attached photo online and I’m guessing they’re using a dual hitch receiver? Has anyone tried traveling with bikes in the cabin?

Any insights or solutions would be welcomed. Hoping to find a way to transport anywhere from 2 - 4 bikes. Thanks and can’t wait to get this thing in our garage!
Hey @rocco89, not sure what kind of vehicle you drive, but I'm putting money down on an aftermarket bumper that has a second hit on the swing out for bikes. I didn't want them on the roof of either the LC or the trailer so this seemed like the best solution. I've seen the other trailers setups on the front rack and that would likely work if you're handy with fabrication but I ride coiled enduro bikes (heavy) so I'd rather not have them swaying while we hunt down good camp sites.

highwest

Hi MO owners. Potential Summit buyer here.

What is the floor made of?

I’ve seen posts/ads saying ‘no wood’ and other posts (in this thread) saying the floor is marine plywood (well sealed and insulated, of course).

Just need confirmation from those in the know. Thanks ahead of time!

highwest

Hi MO owners. Potential Summit buyer here.

What is the floor made of?

I’ve seen posts/ads saying ‘no wood’ and other posts (in this thread) saying the floor is marine plywood (well sealed and insulated, of course).

Just need confirmation from those in the know. Thanks ahead of time!
I took a trip to a dealer that had one in stock and confirmed that the floor is, in fact, plywood.

Maloppa

Observer
Seems the dealer installed battery is a 64ah deep cycle. Runs the fan / fridge for a short time, but time for more power.

oldbat.jpeg
A couple inspirational ideas here. One thing I have already found out is mud and water easily gets into the front box.
wet.jpeg
Not sure why the vent was placed so low on the back wall. Around the wire harness is another place I see water can enter.
vent.jpeg

Maloppa

Observer
I have decided to go with the new LiTime mini 100 ah lithium. They are much smaller than the standard 100 ah. I was very impressed with the E360 set up posted on the forum, but above my price point. I also built a new box around the area so electronic components can be added later as the build progresses.
newbat.jpeg

Overlandman

Does anyone on this forum know if you can order and where to purchase the wrap material to change the color scheme on the Mission Summit?

highwest

I’m not sure when it happened, but I had a nice experience with their customer service. The new owner is Mackow Industries in Winnipeg. If you look them up, they seem quite proud to have the Mission Overland brand/manufacturing under their umbrella.

Daisy22

Hey @rocco89, not sure what kind of vehicle you drive, but I'm putting money down on an aftermarket bumper that has a second hit on the swing out for bikes. I didn't want them on the roof of either the LC or the trailer so this seemed like the best solution. I've seen the other trailers setups on the front rack and that would likely work if you're handy with fabrication but I ride coiled enduro bikes (heavy) so I'd rather not have them swaying while we hunt down good camp sites.

Daisy22

By chance have you gotten the bike rack for your dissent bumper yet? We have the two swing bumper on our LC and trying to figure out bikes also

johnburman18

Hi all. My family and I are interested in seeing a mission overland summit in person. Does anyone in Western Washington have one we can take a look at? Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles