MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

EPO

I have contacted them multiple times over the past year with virtually zero response. It's been stated here before.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Mission Overland has a new trailer called the Approach.

KEY FEATURES
  • Large windows, bug screens, and privacy blinds
  • TRUMA Combi Eco heating & hot water unit
  • Fully insulated walls, ceiling, & floor
  • Queen bed with 4" medium density foam
  • Wooden swivel table with seating for 4
  • Slide out dual zone 69 liter fridge & freezer
  • Slide out kitchen with dual burner stove & sink
  • On demand hot water
  • 37 gallons of fresh water storage
  • Timbren axel-less suspension
  • 22 inches of ground clearance
  • Nine internal storage compartments
  • Interior toilet and shower with hot water
  • Permanent East - West queen bed
  • Interchangeable dining nook and sleeping area
  • Full pop-top ceiling
  • Optional kids bunks
  • Cabin length: 13 Feet
  • Cabin : 86 Inches
  • Interior Height (roof open): 84 Inches
  • Interior Height (roof closed): 48 Inches
  • Exterior Width (roof open): 87 Inches
  • Exterior Height (roof closed): 98 Inches
  • Trailer Length: 20 Feet
  • GAWR: 7200 Lbs

loup407

Adventurer
The wires should be all color-coded, as should the terminals. The wiring on my box was kind of a mess, with unconnected wires (no wonder my pull-away brake didn’t recharge!) I wound up tearing everything out and rewiring properly. I can’t get photos to attach, I can send you a wiring diagram if you provide an email.
Maybe if someone doesn't mind taking a picture of the junction box on the tongue so i can see what your looks like under the cover?

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Pro Tip
The break-a-way battery does not charge with shore power nor when attached to the tow vehicle. It is a good practice to check it for a charge. The battery is easy to remove and charge.

Attachments

• 20230126_170831.jpg
    20230126_170831.jpg
    863.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 20230126_171150.jpg
    20230126_171150.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 46

loup407

Adventurer
it can and will, if wired properly. The Hopkins website clearly indicates it does. My trailer, however, didn’t have the power wire connected, so it didn’t charge. It does now, as it should. Maybe you have a different model breakaway switch.
Pro Tip
The break-a-way battery does not charge with shore power nor when attached to the tow vehicle. It is a good practice to check it for a charge. The battery is easy to remove and charge.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
it can and will, if wired properly. The Hopkins website clearly indicates it does. My trailer, however, didn’t have the power wire connected, so it didn’t charge. It does now, as it should. Maybe you have a different model breakaway switch.
I have an earlier model. But good to check if the trailer has been sitting a while.

clare

East coast members (Rockville Md) who will be joining the Summit owners club this friday! Super excited - put the deposit down on a new 2022 trailer today.

BirfMark

Observer
I've just gone through all 110 pages of this thread, picking out tips, things to look for & general feedback on the MO Summit. Really appreciate the open dialog y'all share.

I'm planning on picking up a used 2021 model here in just a few weeks. Extremely excited to join the MO family. I've been able to check out a 2022 model in person here in the Austin area, and fell in love with the build quality & overall design.

EDIT: Has anyone put a removable or folding tongue on one of these? I'd like a little more room around it in my garage.

Last edited:

rocco89

Hey all, we’ve put a deposit down on a new M.O. Summit and can’t wait to take delivery and join the family! I’ve managed to read through this entire thread and there’s been a ton of great info…thanks for that. One thing I’m still curious about is how people are transporting bikes? I’ve seen this mentioned previously, but no real solid solutions. Our Summit will mostly be used as a base camp for cycling trips and racing, so bike transport/storage is key. Currently have a OneUp rack on my tow vehicle, so that could be utilized in some way, although without an accessory hitch it’s a bit of a head scratcher. Saw the attached photo online and I’m guessing they’re using a dual hitch receiver? Has anyone tried traveling with bikes in the cabin?

Any insights or solutions would be welcomed. Hoping to find a way to transport anywhere from 2 - 4 bikes. Thanks and can’t wait to get this thing in our garage!

Attachments

• 4182642A-F4B1-43B4-A2D8-032520597659.jpeg
    4182642A-F4B1-43B4-A2D8-032520597659.jpeg
    641.1 KB · Views: 65

DFNDER

I guess there’s no front hitch on the summit like on the Boreas? Couldn’t you bolt a couple of 1up trays on top of the front storage box instead of having the luggage rack up there. That’s how Boreas does it, and it looks like it would work on the Summit.

Woodrough

Hey all, we’ve put a deposit down on a new M.O. Summit and can’t wait to take delivery and join the family! I’ve managed to read through this entire thread and there’s been a ton of great info…thanks for that. One thing I’m still curious about is how people are transporting bikes? I’ve seen this mentioned previously, but no real solid solutions. Our Summit will mostly be used as a base camp for cycling trips and racing, so bike transport/storage is key. Currently have a OneUp rack on my tow vehicle, so that could be utilized in some way, although without an accessory hitch it’s a bit of a head scratcher. Saw the attached photo online and I’m guessing they’re using a dual hitch receiver? Has anyone tried traveling with bikes in the cabin?

Any insights or solutions would be welcomed. Hoping to find a way to transport anywhere from 2 - 4 bikes. Thanks and can’t wait to get this thing in our garage!

We have the roof rack crossbars and two OneUp trays up there. It’s a bit of gymnastics getting the bikes up and down, but for now it works. IMG_6817.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rocco89

For those of you storing your Summit outdoors, what covers do you recommend? The UV in Colorado is no joke...not to mention the wind, hail, and snow! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles