Matthewp's MuTTT (Multiple Terrain Tactical Teardrop).

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
i was at drum 90-93 it was an experience. wouldnt want to live there. besides i talk funny to those folks. but will say there a bar called ollies down on the circle in watertown best wings ever. what i remember anyway :friday:. didnt mind cold as much as the snow.

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
Ok, I finally got somewhere worthy of pictures... As of Sunday, the kitchen area is complete minus the tile backsplash. That will be finished after the adhesive/sealant on the sink dries completely (hence the brick in the sink, adding weight).
Kitchen 1.JPG
Kitchen 2.JPG
I also started the final woodwork in the sleeper area. First picture is of the headboard storage. Since I am 6'5", I wanted extra length on the double bed (6'2 1/2"), so I came up with the idea of a small storage area that doubles as a spot to support the pillows, adding an extra 6" to the sleeping platform.
Headboard storage.jpg
The shelf above the headboard storage will have a spot for a reading light above the shelf on each side and a 12v receptacle mounted below the shelf.
Shelf Colse-up.JPG

Last edited:

Septu

Explorer
Looks amazing.

Isn't the sink kinda small? I get not having a larger one (counter space vs sink)... but am curious as to the value for having one that tiny... ?

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
Looks amazing.

Isn't the sink kinda small? I get not having a larger one (counter space vs sink)... but am curious as to the value for having one that tiny... ?

It's a 7" sink. I just wanted one up there for access to a water supply on the kitchen counter (getting water for cooking, minor cleaning of vegetables, food prep.). Any major use of water (washing dishes, etc.) will access water from one of the main faucets below the counter or on the side.

tarditi

Explorer
No cooling when in the tubes unfortunately.

What if there was a pocket where you could put cooler wraps in place to chill the wine without refrigerating it?
You could also insulate the section to retain the temperature better - proper care for vino is a high priority of mine! :)

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/21-x-7-3-4-flexible-ice-mat/45024205.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=CjwKEAjwqamhBRDeyKKuuYztxwQSJAA1luvGPkGbvCJJCoV_6Jk7DVIP8f0vMv3eUm95ES_Higcn0BoCcZfw_wcB

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
I also have a couple crappy iPhone pics of the pull-outs in the center cabinet for the glasses and plates/bowls.
IMG_0239.jpg
IMG_0240.jpg

Last edited:

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
So far, is there anything that you wish you'd done differently?

Not really, but I can say I learned to spend the time aand extra money using good sealant the first time. I had hell dealing with the roof because I tried using the silicone for the solar connection and the vent/fan until I just went with the 3M 5200 I used everywhere else. I hindsight, I might have prefered to spend the time just to completely fiberglass the wood shell for strength, but the 2" tape on the seams has done a bang up job.

Last edited:

Petrolburner

Explorer
Looks amazing.

The really tall faucet height should make it pretty useful. The sink itself is more there to catch drips, like the drip tray on a kegerator, but better.

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society
Matthew,

What's next for your teardrop? I'm sure you'll make some changes/additions before the next AR!

I still need to add lights - and I just bought a welder, so sliders (side bumpers?) are not far off!

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
Matthew,

What's next for your teardrop? I'm sure you'll make some changes/additions before the next AR!

I still need to add lights - and I just bought a welder, so sliders (side bumpers?) are not far off!

I haven't thought of anything that needs changing yet... But my wife hasn't camped in it yet either!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94