Main Line Overland JK Build Thread

IrishXJ

Observer
Honestly, I've owned a few ARB products, and if AEV is willing to team up with ARB...

... How are we losing here?

Humvette

Adventurer
Cool build. I was in your part of the country last week just killing time lol. Next time i will try to swing by.

Great build gotta love the UJK!!!

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
Humvette,

Let us know when you are in town next for sure. My brother Pete has a 2001 Z06 with some very trick mods, so besides our Overland vehicles, I bet you would love to see that bad boy.

Thanks for following!

Matt

Cool build. I was in your part of the country last week just killing time lol. Next time i will try to swing by.

Great build gotta love the UJK!!!

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
Springs going in up front.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340198627.446975.jpg

Springs and shocks in up front.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340198692.636313.jpg

Shock doubler brackets.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340198798.306494.jpg

Brackets to raise the front end links connection point.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340198916.098711.jpg

Gotta love the stickers
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340199040.977469.jpg

Things have been a little slow on the install because we were pulling the motor on this cool little car at the same time
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340199145.712563.jpg

Last edited:

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Was the spring compressor required? The instructions say that they should slide over the spring seat and drop into place. I should be home and installing mine on Friday and would like to avoid extra trips to the auto parts store!

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
We allowed the front axle to drop down, but the driveshaft was coming in contact with the exhaust, so we used the spring compressors real quick just to be on the safe side.

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
Sorry or the delay in getting these pictures up but we have been very busy.

The suspension install was completed. And the ride difference is fairly significant. The ride is firm yet smooth. The progressive rate springs, and finely tuned Bilstein shocks, absorb all the bumps in the road with ease. It is as if the 150lbs Eezi-Awn tent on the roof rack is not even there. The nose no longer dives under braking, which is especially import because it will keep the front brakes front locking up in wet conditions.

Here are a few shots of the completed install before we put the wheels back on:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340804641.539962.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340804698.983869.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340804742.815929.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340804784.152710.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340804812.904218.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340804840.424911.jpg

The steering wheel was off by a bit, but utilizing the AEV Procal steering wheel centering feature we were able to adjust things easily and correct the issue.

More pictures to follow.

Last edited:

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Very good! I'm very pleased with the ride on mine as well. Less than pleased with some aspects of the instructions but oh we'll.
I get a lot of driveline vibration over 60 though, and ended up ordering a new front driveshaft.

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
Brian,

Even though we carry AEV products, I would have to agree with you on the instructions for this kit. I think that they could use some refining and a QC check to boot. At one point in the instructions they tell you to drill a 3/6" hole, which should really be a 3/8", big difference. Also instructions should not have "Amendments". This was surprising to me because other AEV parts I have installed provide great directions.

But in the end, the finished product is worth the effort. I am really enjoying the ride quality. No driveline vibration issues on my end, but I am driving a 2009, so that could explain it. Looking forward to getting it out on the trail.

Best of luck with your rig!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94