Main Line Overland JK Build Thread

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks John!

Among those boxes is the next mod, an AEV Dualsport SC 3.5" suspension kit. We should be installing that soon in between customer projects.

Matt

Jkfisher84

Adventurer
Nice rig! Makes me wish I had gotten a rubi but im just going to have to do things the hardway!:wings:

Last edited:

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks guys! I am glad that others like our taste. We really like to think each mod out and look down the road at utility.

Lots more to come. Hoping to install the suspension in the coming days, so we will have lots of build process updates to add.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Thanks John!

Among those boxes is the next mod, an AEV Dualsport SC 3.5" suspension kit. We should be installing that soon in between customer projects.

Matt

I've got the same boxes sitting at home but I'm 2500 miles away for another week. Did your lift come with the bilstein steering damper or OME damper? Mine came with OME, I thought they weren't using then any more, and their pictures and descriptions show bilstein.

voodoojk

Adventurer
Nice build! It's good seeing someone from my home town on here. If you ever get the rig out to Colorado give me a shout. And bring me some damn wawa! Lol it's been 3 years since I been back to the dub c :)

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
I've got the same boxes sitting at home but I'm 2500 miles away for another week. Did your lift come with the bilstein steering damper or OME damper? Mine came with OME, I thought they weren't using then any more, and their pictures and descriptions show bilstein.

It is a new kit, so should have whatever they are running currently. Honestly I need to cut the box open and check. I'll let you know what I find.

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
Nice build! It's good seeing someone from my home town on here. If you ever get the rig out to Colorado give me a shout. And bring me some damn wawa! Lol it's been 3 years since I been back to the dub c :)

We are headed out to Utah the second half of August, and should be passing through CO. Maybe will will see you and can drop some WaWa iced tea off haha!

en480c4

Observer

It is a new kit, so should have whatever they are running currently. Honestly I need to cut the box open and check. I'll let you know what I find.

I got mine about 6 weeks ago, a while after they had switched to the Bilstein units, and mine still came with the OME. Truth be told, I'm kind of glad it did because I think the SD-40 is easier to source for replacements and has always performed well for me.

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
I got mine about 6 weeks ago, a while after they had switched to the Bilstein units, and mine still came with the OME. Truth be told, I'm kind of glad it did because I think the SD-40 is easier to source for replacements and has always performed well for me.

I cut open the steering damper box and it was an OME, so not sure if they really switched.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Here was AEV's response to my inquiry about the steering damper.

"The reason your kit has the stabilizer is because that particular part was in stock at the time of purchase. *The real fact is that you may be happier with the OME unit because the Bilstein sometimes causes a slight pull to the left because of the amount of pressure it has. *I know the OME is not as pleasing to the eye as the Bilstein, but it may work better depending on your current vehicle configuration."

Sorry to take the thread off topic!

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
f9b4161f.jpg

Lifted and wheels pulled, back hurts already hahahaha!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles