Main Line Overland JK Build Thread

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
I would love for you guys and this rig attend the ride I am putting together for October! What an excellent build!

On a side note, those modular bumpers you have on your website, the one that accepts those swivel shackle mounts, can you guys get those in raw steel? It would save me a ton of time stripping all the powder off since I will just be repowder coating it anyway

Let us know when in October. That month is filling up fast with Overland Expo East, Vermont Overland Rally & Workshops, and Appalachian Rendezvous all lined up, it's going to be a hell of a month.

I am guessing you are asking about the Pronghorn bumper? They are aluminum, and I will contact them to see if getting them raw would be possible. You looking to color match them to your rig?

precision powder

Backwoods Explorer
Let us know when in October. That month is filling up fast with Overland Expo East, Vermont Overland Rally & Workshops, and Appalachian Rendezvous all lined up, it's going to be a hell of a month.

I am guessing you are asking about the Pronghorn bumper? They are aluminum, and I will contact them to see if getting them raw would be possible. You looking to color match them to your rig?

It would be the 4/5th but looks like people are interested in doing a 3-4 day trip so the 2-4th. You don't have to stay the whole time, the plan is to see the steam trains at Eagle Lake which were left in the woods after they finished logging that area. Also to do some of the best waterfalls in the state we well as visit some caves and the old mines. The entire ride would take place in the Appalachian Mountains here in Maine.

Yeah the Pronghorn is the bumper I was looking at. I would not be color matching them to the body color, I would be matching them to everything else I have powder coated on it. All the bolts I have had easy access to, all the suspension parts I can get to quickly, my wheels, all the mounts and brackets I have built, are all a mini texture black. I brought in a bunch of it for a Harley I did and I loved it so much I used it on my Jeep everywhere. If you could find out if you can get them raw that would be excellent, the tow hooks and all the accessories I would get with it too. Everything is going to get prepped in a way that exceeds all standards with zinc primer, chemical treatment, and 2 coats of powder. Bullet proof or bust!

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
It would be the 4/5th but looks like people are interested in doing a 3-4 day trip so the 2-4th. You don't have to stay the whole time, the plan is to see the steam trains at Eagle Lake which were left in the woods after they finished logging that area. Also to do some of the best waterfalls in the state we well as visit some caves and the old mines. The entire ride would take place in the Appalachian Mountains here in Maine.

Yeah the Pronghorn is the bumper I was looking at. I would not be color matching them to the body color, I would be matching them to everything else I have powder coated on it. All the bolts I have had easy access to, all the suspension parts I can get to quickly, my wheels, all the mounts and brackets I have built, are all a mini texture black. I brought in a bunch of it for a Harley I did and I loved it so much I used it on my Jeep everywhere. If you could find out if you can get them raw that would be excellent, the tow hooks and all the accessories I would get with it too. Everything is going to get prepped in a way that exceeds all standards with zinc primer, chemical treatment, and 2 coats of powder. Bullet proof or bust!

Just sent you a PM with info on the Pronghorn bumper.

RWT

I was meaning to ask you...what are you getting MPG wise after all those mods with the 3.8L? Thanks! And awesome pics!

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
I was meaning to ask you...what are you getting MPG wise after all those mods with the 3.8L? Thanks! And awesome pics!

MPG is not amazing to begin with running the 3.8L, I think I was in 13-14 mpg. I will say that the re-gear to 4.88s was a marked improvement in the MPG department, and if you are going to 35's or bigger it's a must.
Plus we can tow our Chaser trailer fully loaded with a packed vehicle and still cruise in 6th gear on the highway.

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
The crew at Mountain State Overland just released this great video of their experience at the Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival. We would like to thank them for putting this together. Check it out here, and enjoy!

[video=youtube;bCzBlSFSipo]www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bCzBlSFSipo[/video]

alaskantinbender

Adventurer
Great looking wheels. Do you know if they come in a 16 inch size?
I already have some 16 inch KM2,s and 1 1/2 spacers.

I ran the stock tires until it was time to purchase my Mopar Winter Wheels (Steelies, color-matched) and 35”x12.5 BFG KM2’s. I had to run a 1.5” wheel spacer to run this setup which actually gave the JK a pretty attractive stance. I installed a cheap 2.5” lift kit to clear the new tires and hold me off until I could afford my real lift. I also shortened the Mopar sliders by about 2” inches, and trimmed the pinch seams in the rear wheel wells for better clearance. An AEV Procal Module helped recalibrate things as well. And the next install added some protection in the form of AEV Rear Corner Guards.

Here are a few shots of the new wheels and tires installed:

View attachment 105309

View attachment 105310

View attachment 105311

View attachment 105312

View attachment 105313

View attachment 105314

View attachment 105315

jscusmcvet

Explorer
The crew at Mountain State Overland just released this great video of their experience at the Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival. We would like to thank them for putting this together. Check it out here, and enjoy!

[video=youtube;bCzBlSFSipo]www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bCzBlSFSipo[/video]

Great video and especially great music. Well done, thanks for sharing.

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
Updates

I figure it is time for some updates.

Since we are now an official AT Overland Equipment dealer we picked up some more goodies from them when we purchased our matching Chaser trailer.

The AT Combo Slide was a nice addition to our rear cargo area. Form and function are top notch on this item.

ATJKComboslide_zpsd168221b.jpg

We finally got around to swapping out the rear bumper in order to complete the AEV kit-out. As usual the AEV product is well thought out and put together, always happy with their products.

aevrearbumper_zps22ecc577.jpg

We also added ARB Diff covers, which add some much needed protection.

ARBdiff_zps97989214.jpg

Finally a recent driver-side rear axle seal leak had us pulling the axle shafts out. And while they were out we decided it was a good time to upgraded them, which we did, while keeping the originals for trail spares.

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
2014 Radnor Hunt Concours d'Elegance

We were showing off the MLO JK at the 2014 Radnor Hunt Concours d'Elegance yesterday, and it caught everyone's attention.

DSC_0067_zps17d30f1d.jpg

DSC_0033_zps9324472a.jpg

DSC_0034_zps71e91980.jpg

DSC_0038_zps1b46ea00.jpg

DSC_0078_zpsf8dffbf8.jpg

DSC_0108_zps001f9dc3.jpg

DSC_0121_zpsad3a76a4.jpg

DSC_0028_zps8cda7ac4.jpg

da10A

Adventurer
I very rarely see a JK parked head to head with a Defender 110 and prefer the jeep..... In this pic, I really do. Normally the defender wins hand down. But then again, I am comparing a highly modified jeep with a stock Landy.
;)

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
I very rarely see a JK parked head to head with a Defender 110 and prefer the jeep..... In this pic, I really do. Normally the defender wins hand down. But then again, I am comparing a highly modified jeep with a stock Landy.
;)
Thanks, I appreciate that compliment. When I decided to build a new vehicle, it came down to these two vehicles, the 4dr JK Rubicon and the Land Rover 110. When pricing the two out I found that I could get a lightly used Rubicon for low $20's, which was at the time less than a mid-1980's Land Rover 110 with well over 100k miles. The Rubicon is an equally if not more capable vehicle, and a great platform for an overland build. So I decided to build what I deemed an American 110, steel wheels etc., and fully outfitted. Well now we sort of have the best of both worlds, because the 110 is new to the family ;)

au bronc n jk

The jeep looks great!!! i've been building up a '15 White JKUR with manual 6 speed over the last two weeks (ordered it 3 months ago, finally came in two weeks ago). I have MANY of the same parts installed as you including AEV rear corner guards, aev rear tire carrier/bumper, aev fuel caddy, AEV 3.5" Lift, ARB intensity lights, warn 9.5cti-s, ARB front Stubby bumper, bfg KM2's, spod, Rigid LED's, and PSC Brawler Rockers, just to name a few.. I'll be attending the Overland East Expo as well and hope to talk to you guys about your rig (mainly about the dual battery setup, rigid light bars on your gobi -what size lights used on gobi-, ARB fridge slider/stove combo, checking out the Eezi-Awn RTT, and the solar panels). Looking forward to seeing your setup and talking with you guys. I live in Clemson, SC so i lucked out with only about and hr and a half drive! Keep up the progress and pics!!

Luke

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior