M1101 trailer build UEV 440 kinda

WVMmike

I took a setup video but I was not super happy with the way it turned out. sO it is on hold until I can figure out a better way to shoot it.

As far as plans go. I started with a Google sketchup of what I wanted but it is not an exact dimension plan. This is and will always be a one off build. There was to much cut and then build around it for it to be set up for plans. I would be willing to send out the google file please PM me. Please use it only for refrence. And I do want to say that it is very very basic and some of the build varied from the sketch.

After the build and our two week trip to Colorado, I have let it basically sit since august, I recently put on some seam tape on the top to help with a roof leak. I think I could have built that better. I will keep you all posted on updates I will start on it soon.

hi hamthis... do you have received my PM?
could you send me more pictures, plans, etc... ?!
my email is michael.lezuch@chello.at
thanks and greets
mike

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Cptsoftbelly

Great build and great write up! Thank you for taking the time to share how you did this! Might be coming into a set of m101a2 trailers that are very similar to the 1101. Planning to do something similar if I can make it work. If anyone is interested in an m101a2 on the east coast let me know, I should have one up for sale soon. Enough shameless advertising of it.

I would love to see how you did the flip outs in a bit for detail, and how you connect the fabric to your trailer to ensure a water tight seal. A diy rigged rig looks like my only hope, so hopefully I can continue to learn from all of your past experiences. Thanks again for the write up, and the trailer is awe inspiring.

Edit: after some re-reading I think I saw you installed some kind of awning bracket over the edge on the cloth and screwed though it? Then just Velcro with the flap over they edges? I can see how you managed a lot of the doors, just fine tuning the fabric.

Last edited:

hamthis

Observer
Cptsoftbelly

Attached is a picture from SketchUp that I drew up quickly for you to get an idea of the tent connection. I velcro the tent to the drop down doors every time I set up camp. I used industrial sticky velcro to apply the velcro then used pan head sheet metal screws to hold it on. I stiched the velcro to the fabric as well as using the sticky. The fabric comes down past the edge of the door then back up and around to sit on top. That way water runs down and off the fabric and not wick back up into the trailer. The drawing I tried to make it in layers to show how it all goes together. Hopefully you can figure it out.

I hope this helps. If you would like PM me your email I can send the SketchUp file.

fabric.jpg

Last edited:

Cptsoftbelly

I was talking more about the permanent affixing to the trailer. I was able to guess that after re-reading and looking closer at the photos.

axemann

Great build.. I stumbled across your YouTube video showing the camper and decided to join up to read your build thread.

I'm in Australia and am familiar with the Conqueror's but they are expensive.

You've done an awesome job, I really enjoyed the thread thanks for providing the detail you did!

Last edited:

Kingsize24

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to bump this to see if you've made any more updates since you last posted on it? Absolutely fantastic build!

Jason

Attachments

• 20210327_114537.jpg
    20210327_114537.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 5
  • 20210327_122652.jpg
    20210327_122652.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 5
  • 20170701_134829.jpg
    20170701_134829.jpg
    526.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited: