Lucky8's Project L322

DiscoDavis

Explorer
It would be better for you to find a used set of 18's than to put tires on your 19's.

I believe the rationale for the RRS is that 18"s wont clear the brakes, hence forced to stick with 19"s. Do spacers solve this issue like on the D4's?

OlyWaFJ

I didn't buy it anyway, it needed all new brakes including rotors and there was exhaust tape everywhere so a full new exhaust was in order too. The search continues...

DougC

Observer
I don't think the 18 inch wheels will ft the RRSC--the Brembo brakes are the issue. Not sure if you missed a letter :). By the way, I am very interested in this thread--I plan on picking up another L322 with a supercharged engine (2010 to 2012--love that big Jaguar engine!). Not really a fan of how the new body looks after 2012. Regarding sliders, a buddy here in San Antonio had a pair of sliders made for his 2008. Very sturdy--sorry, no pictures.

99Discovery

Adventurer
Our next vehicle will be an L322. With them dropping in price, I'm surprised the off-road gear hasn't picked up.

Comp-automotive 18's fit the Range Rover Full-Size (non-supercharged) and LR3 18's. I do NOT think standard 18" wheel will clear or have the proper offset/dimensions without spacers (like the Overland Journal/Expo LR4 build).

I've talked with Compautomotive and they believe their 18's will fit 2010 and up NON-Supercharged versions, but no one has purchased them to try yet (I was in correspondence with them when I was considering trading my truck in on a 2011 HSE). The brakes on the non-supercharged '10+ are too big for LR3 18's, but the calipers are still smaller than the Brembos and Compautomotive thinks they will fit.

It would be nice to see if someone tries.

With the 2" Johnson Rods you can actually get some Load Range E (thick side wall) tires for the 20" rims....these are better than having the 19's, and the 20" tires are cheaper than off-road tires for the 19's. This gives some flexibility if you can't afford expensive Compautomotive's from the get go..........not only that, but one has to wonder for how much longer Compautomotive will continue to offer the 18" Land Rover tire?

As far as the vehicle is concerned, I liked the L322 platform better than both the previous gen. Range Rover Sport and the LR4 (although those rigs were very nice too). It's a shame off-road goodies aren't available yet, as the L322 is an impressive vehicle, even in stock trim.

spikemd

Explorer
We slapped a set of 20 inch BFG KO2s size 275/55 R20 on my buddy's RRS for Moab and they performed fantastic. Grippy on the slickrock while still quiet on the road. I am sure they would work on the L322 and 20 inch rims are everywhere now. I now have a set of the new BFGs size 265/65 R18 on my LR3. Awesome tires. I just dont think they have any MT rated tires over 18 inches.

The L322 is a great vehicle and I hope to see some on the trails soon. Research which ones had the dynamic locking rear diff. I think all the supercharged ones came standard and optional on others, but not certain.

KyleT

Explorer
I don't think the 18 inch wheels will ft the RRSC--the Brembo brakes are the issue. Not sure if you missed a letter :). By the way, I am very interested in this thread--I plan on picking up another L322 with a supercharged engine (2010 to 2012--love that big Jaguar engine!). Not really a fan of how the new body looks after 2012. Regarding sliders, a buddy here in San Antonio had a pair of sliders made for his 2008. Very sturdy--sorry, no pictures.

10+ isn't the same old reliable Jag AJv8.... And they eat timing chains. But 510+hp makes for a lot of fun.

The reason they aren't seen off road is because the typical buyer doesn't off road them, they just buy a jeep to off road.

Eniam17

Adventurer
I'd like to see this project come back. L322's have dropped in price enough (just like lr3's) that there should be more aftermarket support. I've been wanting to move from an lr3 to a 2011-2012 l322 and the lack of availability of sliders, sump guards, skid plates, etc has made me reconsider. I can't even find anyone who knows for sure if an 18" wheel with spacers will fit a 2011-2012 ff Range Rover. Maybe I'm just missing all the right threads, but after days of searching and calling/emailing I'm amazed there aren't more people wheeling the l322 and producing some aftermarket armor. I know justin has said they are looking for one to continue a build so I anxiously await.

Eniam17

Adventurer
99Discovery;2056068 I've talked with Compautomotive and they believe their 18's will fit 2010 and up NON-Supercharged versions said:
Are the brakes on non supercharged 2010+ too big for lr3 18's and spacers? I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. Same regarding 18" lr3 wheels and spacers on a 2013 sport supercharged.

Brav

I'd like to see this project come back. L322's have dropped in price enough (just like lr3's) that there should be more aftermarket support. I've been wanting to move from an lr3 to a 2011-2012 l322 and the lack of availability of sliders, sump guards, skid plates, etc has made me reconsider. I can't even find anyone who knows for sure if an 18" wheel with spacers will fit a 2011-2012 ff Range Rover. Maybe I'm just missing all the right threads, but after days of searching and calling/emailing I'm amazed there aren't more people wheeling the l322 and producing some aftermarket armor. I know justin has said they are looking for one to continue a build so I anxiously await.

They are available and look awesome. Not cheap. I'll probably end up buying this whole setup shortly

http://prospeed-group.co.uk/product/range-rover-l322-rock-and-tree-sliders/

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
Sorry to be away for so long. We have been working full speed on a new and much need website that should be ready in a few weeks and then we can get back to these great projects. Thank you for the link to Prospeed. Those slider look better then any other I have ever seen. I'll be calling them shortly.

image.jpg

Ian_Barry

Observer
1) New site screenshot looks great. I hope it resolves some of the navigation issues on the current one. Looking forward to to it.

2) Please become a ProSpeed NA dealer - they need one; I need them to have one. Match made in heaven.

Best regards,

Ian

Brav

Sorry to be away for so long. We have been working full speed on a new and much need website that should be ready in a few weeks and then we can get back to these great projects. Thank you for the link to Prospeed. Those slider look better then any other I have ever seen. I'll be calling them shortly.

View attachment 339498

No problem, good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz