Lucky8's Project L322

Scott Brady

Founder
I think the key is subtlety. Any RR MKIII I have seen with a huge bumper look terrible.

I would certainly pay for something that looked just like stock, but was steel and could be paint matched and included a hidden winch plate. Same for the rear.

David Harris

Expedition Leader
I think the key is subtlety. Any RR MKIII I have seen with a huge bumper look terrible.

I would certainly pay for something that looked just like stock, but was steel and could be paint matched and included a hidden winch plate. Same for the rear.

Something like this. . .

D44_Discovery_3__4cbf0c30c0704_zps1bd87fa0.jpg

Basically a James Bond style build. . . :)

Last edited:

Eniam17

Adventurer
Something like this. . .

Basically a James Bond style build. . . :)

Where did you get that picture and/or do you know who owns that? I have been researching hidden winch mounts for LR3's but haven't come up with a lot. I know Lucky 8 did a nice one for someone but I can't remember where he is from. Thanks

PhyrraM

Adventurer
Doesn't Devon's site specifically state they are for Diesel models only and will not fit 'petrol' motored trucks?

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
Project L322 : Power Play

I have no armor news for you guys in this update but we did play with the truck getting it ready for this weekends 1000 mile trip.
More Engine Power
The first thing was to get rid of the check engine code. It was calling for a new crank sensor but only needed these vacuum hoses.

photo-15-1_zpsfaa45918.jpg

USB power
If the guy that sits in this seat runs out of battery on his iPad, he is going to be pissed.

photo-5-5_zps61dd601e.jpg

If the little ones are not happy a trip can go bad fast. So I put in a few of these Mud UK marine grade USB outlets

2012-10-01_124235_zps2747542c.jpg

I swapped out the cigarette lighter here

photo-7-6_zpsf55df9f3.jpg

and the one in the center counsel here

photo-6-6_zpsec5e1e59.jpg

After a little drilling and some wiring we got this

photo-1-8_zps3e5a9d6b.jpg

and

photo-4-5_zps7e1f6bb9.jpg

120v power

I hear ya I hear ya enough of the power for iToys you have big boy needs. On a long trip you may need to plug in a laptop or some other 120v device and we have you covered. With an inverter under the passengers seat.

photo-3-9_zps920b475d.jpg

Hopefully all goes well this weekend and we get some good pictures followed up by a proper update on the off-road abilities of the L322

Verydisco

Well it seems I am not the only one interested and am sure once you restart it, more people will come.

If you do not mind, I will then link this thread to the 2 L322 dedicated website in the US and in Europe ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior