LR3 - Any ideas on how mount a 50 inch LED light bar?

DiscoNels

Adventurer
Won this in a raffle at an off road rally yesterday. Wasn't really planning on ever mounting lights to my rig but since I've just won this 50 inch LED light bar worth $470 USD I'm now looking for ideas on how to mount this on my LR Expedition roof rack.

Since the rack is curved I'm just not sure how this would look or mount on the LR3. If only it had been the winch.

What do you guys think?
LED Light Bar2.jpg

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
You really need a curved light bar. Click on the link in my signature and go to my truck build link to see the most recent addition of the curved bar on my ("lowered") Expedition Rack.

D

Ray_G

Explorer
I think 50" is going to be difficult. I just put a 42" on my front runner rack b/c I didn't want to go curved and it fits well and seems to fit the truck.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
The challenge that Disco has is that the front of his rack is curved (not straight). So this is going to stick out, act like an air dam and scream like crazy in the wind.

D

Ray_G

Explorer
The challenge that Disco has is that the front of his rack is curved (not straight). So this is going to stick out, act like an air dam and scream like crazy in the wind.

D

Ah, gotcha-forgot the curve on that rack. A friend with that style removed the front air dam and it is essentially flat across the face like my Frontrunner.

DiscoNels

Adventurer
I've decided to sell my light bar since it's straight and not curved which would fit my LR3 Expedition roof rack better. Seems to be only one source for the Raxiom light bars is here at http://www.extremeterrain.com/raxiom-50in-lightbar-j100989.html the online sale price is $470.

NOTE: The mounting brackets are slightly different from what is pictured. Brand new in the box, never mounted. Box only opened to verify contents. It's a solid light bar, very sturdy and well constructed.

Product Features, Item # J100989 (perfect fit for the Jeepers)
50" double row LED auxiliary light
Combo Flood/Spot
(100) 3w high intensity LEDS
Output - 18000 Lumens
Color temperature - 6000K
Diecast aluminum housing with polycarbonate lens
Waterproof rating of IP 67
Dimensions 50" long x 3.5" wide x 3" tall
Universal application
Lifetime Limited Warranty

Reasonable offers welcome. Pass this on to anyone who wants to light up the night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior