Looking for input from the Nissan snorkel club

Scott H Murray

Adventure Photog
I drowned one motor years ago for not having a snorkel, now it is one of the first mods that I do. There will always be that one time its needed and if you do not have it it could be big problems. But when you do get one installed make sure that everything is sealed (even in the airbox) as some places do not seal them right up and they will still suck in water. There are tracks in Australia that are sign posted 'Snorkel recommended'.

mallthus

Pretty good at some stuff
I will say this. I had one on my diesel Silverado and don't regret that at all. I've never bothered putting one on a gas engined truck (such as my '15 Titan), because the air intake is already higher than other "don't get this wet" components.

LesterB

I'm on the other side, and dislike having to explain what that big pipe is. I do end up in deep water a bunch, and you will find any leaks in the silicon pretty quickly (muddy streaks on the air filter). The snorkel can help prevent hydro lock, but there are plenty of other waterproofing steps to take to keep you moving down the trail. Top truck challenge competitors are a resource for learning what it takes to do really deep crossings. I guess bottom line for me is I wish I had spent that money on armour before the snorkel, but would eventually have added one anyway, just much later.

jhberria

Adventurer
They're doing a group-buy over on thenewx right now.... Cheapest I've seen to date.

Soooooo tempting. Talk me off the ledge.

jhberria

Adventurer
I bought a snorkel.

May you all live forever with the guilt of knowing the tragic impact you've had on my wallet.

bob280zx

Observer
I bought a snorkel.

May you all live forever with the guilt of knowing the tragic impact you've had on my wallet.

It's nothing compared to the tragic impact on your brain when you begin your attack on the fender with that big hole saw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior