Lipstick on a Pig: The 10 Don'ts of Vehicle Modifications

WSS

Rock Stacker
Ok guys, I'm new here. I read most of the thread and saw some typical sarcasm and joking. Whats the proper way to discuss and give opinion here?

Thanks,
WSS

maddmaxx

Observer
1757272461_Troll_Doll_troll_dolls_1353646_302_450_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

LilPoppa

Adventurer
I saw a Ram 1500 yesterday with a fairly big spoiler mounted on the back of the box. It was one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. I didn't get a picture because I was driving and my wife was giving me the, "what the hell are you doing" look. But yeah...it was funny. It didn't look cool (in my opinion), I'm sure any aerodynamic benefits were negligible, and it probably made using the bed incredibly awkward.

I just can't fathom why anybody would think making your truck look like a car is a good idea. It looks so stupid. Low-rider trucks? Ugh. Low-rider Wranglers? *hack* *gag*

cwadej

just a guy
I take ham with me everywhere. the versatility it offers far out weigh any negatives. As long as it's kept cold, you can do so many things with it. i mean who doesnt like a ham sandwhich? I like to just cut off a peice and it it plain.
Honey Baked for the win!

bfdiesel

Explorer
I take ham with me everywhere. the versatility it offers far out weigh any negatives. As long as it's kept cold, you can do so many things with it. i mean who doesnt like a ham sandwhich? I like to just cut off a peice and it it plain.
Honey Baked for the win!

:victory::wings:

DaveNay

Adventurer
Honey Baked for the win!

Pan fried ham steak with a heavy brown crust on it.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Honey Baked for the win!
My wife and I are vegan but I did get my HAM technician's license on Saturday.
I finally caved in...

Kgh

Let’s go already!
And this quote has brought this thread full circle. Like lipstick on a pig, who's blood will be soaked into the filter on the cigarette you are smoking. . .

Slow day at work... Read the entire thread, had to laugh at Scott's remark... It was tongue in cheek reply to a anti-smoking post.

Brought to mind two words that LR people see as Holy.

CAMEL. TROPHY.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
I'm gonna get in trouble.....

1-roof racks
2-bumper mounted spare tire/cooler/gascan swing outs
3-too much lift for too little tire
4-big heavy bumpers, especially front ones.
5-roof top tents
6-heavy steel armor over everything
7-snorkels
8-light-duty vehicles that are 6000lbs+
9-rear heavy weight bias
10-TOO much bolt-on stuff....you know who you are! :)

Ok....I am going to go hide now.....

I think that is a great list and just about what I would say. Except #2, I like my tire on the back of my truck but nothing else. Also can make for a great table on the backside of the tire carrier. #3 I would say goes both ways. #4 I think goes both ways. Some rear bumpers get out of hand with all the crap on them and must weigh a ton. #6 I think is soso, depends on the armor and where it is and what it is for. #7, agree except if you ever plan to do deep fording or if you want cold air into the motor, then they are not worthless! #8 I know all about. Been there done that....6,000lbs gen 1 Taco to Panama and back twice. No good.

I would add,
tons of LED light bars
axe, pickaxe, shovel, spud bar, saw strapped to the roof or bumpers
a tool kit without the right tools
2+ spares
rear winches, only worth it on the most extreme trips in mud or on a recovery vehicle
hot water system, come on man this is camping!

Cheers

lysol

Explorer
I'm still stuck at work...

Obviously everyone likes to tinker. I get (don't agree with) the whole "Bro-Dozer" type trucks out there. It's kind of like me putting an exhaust on my motorcycle. I'm still not a MotoGP racer, but I like the way it sounds. The one's you have to look out for are the one's who truly believe they are a race car driver because they have a spoiler or an off-road genius because they have big tires or etc... lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles