Life and adventures of Gertrude

Yes it could’ve been we were very fortunate to have as little damage as we did and we all walked away without any injuries whatsoever. We had the whole family in the car which includes my 5 year old son and my 6 month old. I will never buy cheap car seats because I fully believe that is why my sons were completely unharmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the jeep having the air suspension and it lowering itself at Highway speed I have been considering removing the sway bars for a while, well today was finally that day
9b6ca8b2b7af8a58aeb16240fcf28eb3.jpg

You definitely feel more body roll making parking lot type maneuvers with a little bit of speed but other than that I feel that the air suspension does a really good job of mitigating the body roll. Went on a quick drive on the highway and was still able to take some fairly sharp corners at 70mph and it doesn’t feel really any different than it did with the bars installed. Of course no mod would be complete without an off-road test, so my oldest son and I went for a quick drive and it rides so much smoother in the dirt. We ended up at a small tunnel running under some train tracks so him and I did some exploring.
0b42373678ffe84c2ec805bdba14c8c9.jpg
1f07efa37edaabeac3c5fa70ea6cacee.jpg

A small bat we saw in the tunnel, there was a few sleeping up top.

cc4bdd91f2c7fd28ba3bd9449faa1090.jpg

Obligatory jeep photos since this is a build thread.

650f7298aa113258c7a658cfc6a0516e.jpg

dfd9a4b5b4915dfbfc0465eb7dcb764e.jpg

Not yet. I am debating on doing it here soon since I have to replace the front upper control arms and will more than likely have to pull the front struts to do so but am not sure I want to spend the 300~400 dollars it will cost for everything I need to do so. I also am not sure it is fully needed we have been able to go anywhere that I have pointed her so far and have not scraped the belly on anything yet(knock on wood). Plus with the removal of the sway bars I did gain some additional down travel so I am trying to weigh the cost/benefit of everything.

Well I have ordered all the stuff to replace the upper control arms and since I have to pull the front struts to do so, decided to put in a leveling kit since I will have it all apart anyways. Had to order the security gateway bypass, an android tablet to run alfaobd, the obdlink, and have to purchase alfaobd once the tablet shows up. Those of you that have done a leveling kit on your Wk2 would any of you like to share what you needed to do for the suspension height adjustments to account for the leveling kit so I have a starting point before I get into the nitty gritty of it all?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles