Lets see some full size pictures...

pith helmet

Nice truck! My colorblindness is kicking in. The previous picture it looked brown, but in this one I'm seeing grey. What color is it?

Hey wait a minute... are those 20's? I didn't think you could go off road with 20's..... :rolleyes:
It’s brown, kind of a chocolate hue I suppose. The 20’s are my first and not my favorite. My previous 2011 model had 17’s which I preferred all around. I just took what was on it and couldn’t justify replacing them. They do fine off-road...I also run 50lbs full time, on and off interstate and mud all day.

97Yeti

I didn’t receive a recall on it. Just started on last change and will look into it. Thanks.
Usually a TSB is just saying we know of an issue and a repair, but not to the extend of a recall yet.. What year and engine? I can look up pretty quick.. for a 2012 with the 5.3 the TSB number is 10-06-01-008M

Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

Observer
Usually a TSB is just saying we know of an issue and a repair, but not to the extend of a recall yet.. What year and engine? I can look up pretty quick.. for a 2012 with the 5.3 the TSB number is 10-06-01-008M
Yep. Had a couple TSB's on my truck but no warranty coverage. I'm still miffed at Ford over that.

pith helmet

Yep, there is a TSB...this is TotalBS, in my opinion. "Excessive Oil Consumption". Others have told me about this happening over 100k. I'll probably just keep adding a qt between changes I guess.

97Yeti

Yep, there is a TSB...this is TotalBS, in my opinion. "Excessive Oil Consumption". Others have told me about this happening over 100k. I'll probably just keep adding a qt between changes I guess.
It made a difference on 2 of our customers vehicles, and offering a bit of help. Your choice, I have over 140k on my 5.3 and doesn't use or leak a drop. I am also a 30 plus year ASE Master Tech, so I do all my own repairs.

pith helmet

It made a difference on 2 of our customers vehicles, and offering a bit of help. Your choice, I have over 140k on my 5.3 and doesn't use or leak a drop. I am also a 30 plus year ASE Master Tech, so I do all my own repairs.
Sorry, my TBS joke fell flat. I appreciate the info and expertise. Its a 2015 5.3 with 130,000. No leaks, just seems it’s using a qt every 2-3,000 now. Its been serviced with Penn synthetic since it was new.

97Yeti

Sorry, my TBS joke fell flat. I appreciate the info and expertise. Its a 2015 5.3 with 130,000. No leaks, just seems it’s using a qt every 2-3,000 now. Its been serviced with Penn synthetic since it was new.
No problem. Unfortunately per TSB 01-06-01-011K that is within the parameters of acceptable oil consumption "0.946 liters (1 qt) in 3200 Km (2000 miles}" If your consumption just started out of the blue, it i possible your PCV could have failed, pretty inexpensive part to replace.