Lets see some full size pictures...

BlackClassic

If Not Now When?
b663414e6ac898ba5f687380fe31d42c.jpg

db3eb9f1cb852004255c3fdfbc840736.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

I'm curious what kind of grille guard you have?

akmedic77

I'm curious what kind of grille guard you have?

It's made by Arc Rite Industries out of Del Rio, TX. I've been very pleased. As far as I know, I'm the only one in Alaska with one! Haha. They run about $700-800 for the F150. They also make headache racks and steps and are not afraid to think outside of the box! They build a guard for a late model Camaro that was pretty cool!

BlackClassic

If Not Now When?
It's made by Arc Rite Industries out of Del Rio, TX. I've been very pleased. As far as I know, I'm the only one in Alaska with one! Haha. They run about $700-800 for the F150. They also make headache racks and steps and are not afraid to think outside of the box! They build a guard for a late model Camaro that was pretty cool!

Excellent, thanks for the response, I'll have to look into it. Looks great and seems pretty rugged!

akmedic77

Excellent, thanks for the response, I'll have to look into it. Looks great and seems pretty rugged!

I would expect it to take most of the impact against a moose or caribou with minor damage to my truck! They show where Ken individual hit a horse and the truck survived mostly intact. Fenders, grill and hood needed to be replaced. Maybe some other minor components but the truck appeared fixable.

BlackClassic

If Not Now When?
I would expect it to take most of the impact against a moose or caribou with minor damage to my truck! They show where Ken individual hit a horse and the truck survived mostly intact. Fenders, grill and hood needed to be replaced. Maybe some other minor components but the truck appeared fixable.

Fantastic, living maine I may, but hopefully wont, encounter all those lovely beasts. I b checked out the site..I like what I see

Betarocker

Adventurer
I'd still be worried about hitting a moose. Clipping the legs out and having it fall on the hood or windshield is what has resulted in most damages, injuries or deaths. Mostly deer in my parts so a grill guard would be a good idea for me.

I'll be working on my bumper next spring and will build a complete front end guard for it; something like Road Armor Titan 2 design.

akmedic77

Fantastic, living maine I may, but hopefully wont, encounter all those lovely beasts. I b checked out the site..I like what I see

I'd still be worried about hitting a moose. Clipping the legs out and having it fall on the hood or windshield is what has resulted in most damages, injuries or deaths. Mostly deer in my parts so a grill guard would be a good idea for me.

I'll be working on my bumper next spring and will build a complete front end guard for it; something like Road Armor Titan 2 design.

It's 50/50 on wether they'll ride over the hood of a full size truck. And the moose are big up here. I can't tell you how many I missed until I finally nailed one.

I've been involved with two. Hit one in my personal vehicle and was treating a patient in the back of the ambulance when we hit another.

I've also responded to two that seriously stuck in my mind. One with with no injuries and the other had two fatalities out of five passengers.

Mine didn't roll over the hood. POV was an Explorer Sport Trac and the other an F450.

That's why I have all my lights. Haha. They don't like the LEDs. The violently flip their heads the opposite direction.

Here's a view directly over the hood.

feb61e27cf93dd363da91b18b7c7ec3e.jpg

Here's a photo of the ambulance. We hit full broadside at approximately 55 MPH.

7a9018de20e5336e13bdd077b4c3b4c5.jpg

Here's my truck. I hit her in the hip. She ran across the road and turned around. There was 2" of snow on the ground and it was actively snowing. I hit her after slowing to approximately 35 MPH. They fixed it and I drove it for 15K and traded it in on a car. Oops. Now I have the truck. Haha.

60eb744df3f392b07ca0d8a4f6a9772a.jpg

9fb44cb73cfe54ef9b71242866f3a80f.jpg

Also not a fan of all the chrome, but what I've found is in drivers seat you never notice it. It's only when looking from front that I hate all the chrome. So I try and not look at it from front.

tyler.96

Observer

Hobietim

RAM 5500 Tiger Malayan

2016-12-02 15.01.47.jpg
Delivery day!
2016-12-02 15.01.57.jpg

2016-12-03 16.27.07.jpg
You get to see all kinds of things on the road!

Attachments

• 2016-12-03 07.34.17.jpg
    2016-12-03 07.34.17.jpg
    525.5 KB · Views: 105

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier