CYK

Adventurer
Snowbeast
IMG_20140222_112219_zps8b04a71d.jpg

reldred

Observer
hyqypamu.jpg
yqydeme8.jpg

Taking advantage of a long weekend to go camp on the coast. Yes I was sitting on the roof. No I wasn't drunk (gotta work on that).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dangler

This is my 4th Cruiser. I bought it out of Texas and have been tinkering with it for a couple months now. Love the site and really enjoy all the great rigs!!

fvgTa0D.png

richmondbob

Adventurer
Yikes! X2 on hoping everyone is ok.

Thanks. Yes, my wife and I are okay. Got out with no broken bones and we're both on the mend from our soft tissue injuries.

WOW! Hope nobody was hurt. What's the story on that mishap.

"WOW!" is right. Story is our trailer got hit with a strong crosswind causing it to immediately whip side to side, forcing the Wagoneer's back-end to do the same (this was with equalizer hitch, brake controller, etc). I kept her under control long enough for the surrounding cars to get away in front of us or back off behind us before the trailer went airborne, rotating midair and flipping us over. We slid backwards, roof down the highway before coming to a stop. Did a check of myself and my wife before releasing my belt. Checked my wife over again then got her unbuckled and out with the help of some of the over a dozen people came to our aid.

As to why we're in a 80-series Landcruiser now instead of another Wagoneer, you can read more here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior