Kitchen Kit/Chuck Box

summerprophet

Adventurer
Great, unique design! I can see you are a fellow woodworker. It is not evident in your photos - what do you store in the deep section on the left side? And what do you store in the long thin shelf in the middle section?

Thanks,

Darren

Darren,
Assuming that the questions were directed at me.....
The long thin shelf is for spices.
The deep section on the left actually has slots for shelves. It now holds garbage bags, alum. Foil, Saran Wrap, zip locks, table cloth, propane hose and adapter, and a few other odds and ends. I designed it to be wide enough for portable propane bottles.

Honu

lost on the mainland
they are nice :) I ended up with a river rafting kitchen box :) to me some things are easier to buy :)
I wasn't that original and went with the Kanz kitchen and pantry...they have been bombproof so far...I use the Kitchen alone for solo trips and add the pantry for fishing trips with my brother when I pack a lot of booze:coffeedrink:

Arckon

Darren,
Assuming that the questions were directed at me.....
The long thin shelf is for spices.
The deep section on the left actually has slots for shelves. It now holds garbage bags, alum. Foil, Saran Wrap, zip locks, table cloth, propane hose and adapter, and a few other odds and ends. I designed it to be wide enough for portable propane bottles.

it definetely was aimed at you. I didnt noticed you had posted and thaugh it was for me haha!

RangerXLT

Adventurer
Here is my current project. Almost done. Pelican 1600 case.
yne3amum.jpg
suhytybu.jpg
du6atene.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wjgc

more information about to pelican 1600 kitchen please. How did you secure the dividers and brackets for the cutting boards?

RangerXLT

Adventurer
Nice, what did you use to create the partitions inside the peli box?

Utilized corrugated plastic as dividers. Then picked up screen door fittings to give myself more surface area on the bottoms to glue the dividers in and then a different type to clean up the look on the tops.

http://t.homedepot.com/p/Fasade-4-f..._pip1_rr-1-_-NA-_-203232532-_-N&showPLP=false

http://t.homedepot.com/p/Fasade-4-ft-Large-Profile-Brushed-Aluminum-J-Trim/203232470/?showPLP=false

And then some caulking to clean up the edges. Then a can of rustoleum textured paint.

RangerXLT

Adventurer
more information about to pelican 1600 kitchen please. How did you secure the dividers and brackets for the cutting boards?

Used 1/2" L brackets that I riveted to the case. Then put some bolts through the brackets w/ a nut on the topside to keep the bolt from dropping out. Lined the cutting boards up, drilled holes in the appropriate spots and the wing nuts hold the boards down.

Honu

lost on the mainland
don't have the front open :(
but the lower shelf turned out to be handy still to much clutter collects on top though :)
but really liking the river kitchen setup just a few more trips to tweak the inside

kitchenbox.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94