Just got back from Moab!

machine1

Explorer
Wow! I wish more G-wagon owners, none of you guys on this forum obviously, used the vehicle for what it was designed for instead of putting 22" wheels on them.

A few years back we had to replace the innards of a front differential because the owner decided to mall crawl with the front diff locked.

I'll pick up a 113-powered G500 eventually, hopefully the prices don't spike when they discontinue the 463 soon.

otiswesty

Regular guy
Fun images.

How did everything work? Any modifications you felt needed after the trip?

Banged the hitch once on Fins and Things, no real damage though.
When airing up west of Horseshoe Canyon, my Viair pump shut down. It has a 1 1/2 gallon tank and did manage to fill to 30 from 18 PSI on all 4 33" tires, so not really a big deal. Next Gas station air was not until Capitol Reef. Left it at 38 PSI the rest of the trip for a few side roads in Escalante NM, at the end of the Capitol Reef NP scenic drive, and off of the 50 in Nevada. Was using gas station air in Moab a couple of times between outings.

Running washboard, I had my G ambulance rack move forward 6" up against the tent, so I will probably find a way to clamp it to the rear gutter as well.

The G is pretty dialed in otherwise and had no major issues or obvious deficiencies. As I have said elsewhere, It is amazing that these sell for under 20K while others are pumping money into old 460's. Aside missing my nice 300GD, I would not go back.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Doc,

How did we miss you? We were on Shafer by 10/14, Murphy Hogback B 10/14 pm, then out of WRT on 10/15, onto Capitol Reef 10/16-17....I can't believe we didn't see you! :(

The G is pretty dialed in otherwise and had no major issues or obvious deficiencies. As I have said elsewhere, It is amazing that these sell for under 20K while others are pumping money into old 460's. Aside missing my nice 300GD, I would not go back.

Agreed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94