JKU suspension upgrade needed - Opinions Welcome

jadmt

here is a box stock Recon 4door full tank of gas nobody in the vehicle. so you know how heavy they get once parts get added on.

jadmt

I just changed out my AEV 2.5 to the 4.5 with the High Capacity Coils and the remote shocks. Night and day difference. I cannot believe I waited as long as I did. I am heavy granted I have never weighted it. Plan to coming up. I also a while back added the Dynatrac Pro Grip brake kit. Makes a big difference in braking now as well. I was a tad concerned about having 35s with the lift. I do not mind the stance at all now that I have done it. Here is this past weekend getting a quick getaway camping.
looks great. I am surprised it did not lift it more. What is the measurements from center of hubs to the bottom of the flares?

rubicon91

Explorer
looks great. I am surprised it did not lift it more. What is the measurements from center of hubs to the bottom of the flares?
I think maybe the picture is a tad deceiving. I have to now climb into the Jeep. I am almost 6'2. No sag whatsoever in the rears. I stay fully loaded as this is not my primary vehicle it sits mostly in the garage nowadays until a trip comes up. I didnt measure from the center of the hubs to the bottom of the flares but from top of tire to flares went from 6 inches to 9 inches of space and from floor in my garage to hard rock rails on the side went from 21 to 24 inches from the ground. That is how compressed the 2.5 was along with a 1 inch spacer in the rear. The tires are KO2 315/70 R17s. Here is a side pic from April when I went on a trip. Nothing has changed outside of lift from this picture.

Attachments

jadmt

I think maybe the picture is a tad deceiving. I have to now climb into the Jeep. I am almost 6'2. No sag whatsoever in the rears. I stay fully loaded as this is not my primary vehicle it sits mostly in the garage nowadays until a trip comes up. I didnt measure from the center of the hubs to the bottom of the flares but from top of tire to flares went from 6 inches to 9 inches of space and from floor in my garage to hard rock rails on the side went from 21 to 24 inches from the ground. That is how compressed the 2.5 was along with a 1 inch spacer in the rear. The tires are KO2 315/70 R17s. Here is a side pic from April when I went on a trip. Nothing has changed outside of lift from this picture.
if you get a chance the center of hub to bottom of flare takes the tire size out of the equation. this also does. might help someone in the future decide. thanks

rubicon91

Explorer
if you get a chance the center of hub to bottom of flare takes the tire size out of the equation. this also does. might help someone in the future decide. thanks
If I can remember i will tonight it is in the garage I dont daily drive it. Those were just the measurements I had from when it all went down so I could get an idea.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
I've been using the OME 2.5" Overload springs with a set of stiff gas shocks. No sway issues unless disconnected. I highly recommend the OME setup.

moto-treks

On the road
Shock measurement
Front: 23 3/4"
Rear: 23 1/2"

This is with an AEV 4.5" lift and the HC springs. Jeep weighs ≈6100 lbs when these measurements where taken.