JK/J8 Flippac rumor??

kb7our

Explorer
DIY 10G Potable Water Platform Option

Built this up for temporary use to show an idea how to leverage just the AT Stage 1 drawer platform. Platform is plywood with aluminum rails, coated with Herculiner to waterproof, and mounted using 4 original locations with longer bolts. I will be posting this up in the for sale section soon ready to install on top of AT's JK Stage 1 storage unit or platform of your choice. I'm getting their Stage 2 setup, hence reason for sale. This makes for a solid and durable, nice looking, gravity fed setup as another option to get water in the JK at a handy location.

Attachments

• Water 2.jpg
    Water 2.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 180
  • Water 3.jpg
    Water 3.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 149
  • Water 5.jpg
    Water 5.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 142
  • Water 4.jpg
    Water 4.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 128
  • Water 1.jpg
    Water 1.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 143

DKB2GO

Observer
update?

Bravo! Time permitting (I know, there really is never enough time), would love to see pics of the production differences when a "production" Habitat is far enough along.

Um, what he said is the "ultimate" in flexibility!

what's the latest on the development and refinement of the Habitat and its many options? A great, and affordable way to optimize the JK's versatility.

David

kb7our

Explorer
I think many people are forgetting that this thread was about a Flip Pac for JKs, not about one-off custom campers. In order for something like this to sell to the masses it would need to be as close to a direct fit replacement top as possible, nothing more. Leave all the customizing to the individual.

I agree that the AEV design looks great, but the Flip Pac just has so much more interior space (and that is what AT is offering), I think that is the design to stick with.

Here is a quick chop (it looks hack, I'm just learning).

attachment.php

Reflecting on old posts and the Habitat's early beginnings. Absolutely no regrets looking back as an early adopter of the concept and now closing in on a year of use. Still diggin' the whole setup and what a blast to look back at the idea/concept stage within this thread. Thanks again to the entire team who helped make the production Habitat a reality!!!

Wade

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Reflecting on old posts and the Habitat's early beginnings. Absolutely no regrets looking back as an early adopter of the concept and now closing in on a year of use. Still diggin' the whole setup and what a blast to look back at the idea/concept stage within this thread. Thanks again to the entire team who helped make the production Habitat a reality!!!

Wade
Wade, thank you for believing in the concept and being a part of making it a reality through being an early adopter. We appreciate the patience given while we sorted out the details.

kb7our

Explorer
Wade, thank you for believing in the concept and being a part of making it a reality through being an early adopter. We appreciate the patience given while we sorted out the details.

Rim Road 1.jpg

It was difficult at times for sure, but trips like this one up on the AZ Rim somehow help to keep things in the proper perspective...find a cool place, park and level out a bit, pop the top, shift a few items from the Jeep to the Habitat, and enjoy the scene - crazy fast and simple!
_
P.S. Still may razz you guys about getting a zip on awning ;)

Last edited:

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
View attachment 197570

It was difficult at times for sure, but trips like this one up on the AZ Rim somehow help to keep things in the proper perspective...find a cool place, park and level out a bit, pop the top, shift a few items from the Jeep to the Habitat, and enjoy the scene - crazy fast and simple!
_
P.S. Still may razz you guys about getting a zip on awning ;)
You won't have to razz us for too long, awnings are in production and to ship out at the end of the month. We'll announce formally when they are in our hands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior