JK aux fuel tank

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
I had one of their tanks on my TJ and it was so well made and thought out. The bottom is thicker than sides and top, to be able to take a beating. I smacked the living daylights out of mine and it held up like a champ.

How much did it cost to get shipped to the states? I've been wanting an LRA aux tank for around a year now for my TJ but have heard about stupid high prices getting them imported.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
How much did it cost to get shipped to the states? I've been wanting an LRA aux tank for around a year now for my TJ but have heard about stupid high prices getting them imported.

I got it while I was there to compete in the Outback Challenge.

JDaPP

Adventurer
^^ Genius idea. Even with the cost of the supplies, the AEV arm and someone to do the labor, that's still a heck of a lot cheaper than the Genright tank, the anti rock sway bars, fuel pump and the labor.
Thanks, I will have to tell my wife, since now that it is on the internet it must be true :) bon jour!

Septu

Explorer
Thanks, I will have to tell my wife, since now that it is on the internet it must be true :) bon jour!

Well a Genright is over 2k after the exchange, then there's the fuel cell/pump, the antirock sway bars and then you get to the labor. Love the idea of that tank... but that's gotta to be around 4-4500 CND. It's on my wish list... but I'm not in a hurry to drop that sort of coin when I have something that already works, but is a PITA at times to use. Bet one could do what you did for less than half that - and that's still having to buy the AEV arm.

JDaPP

Adventurer
Took some pictures:
1. Brass connector/where it exits tank.
f3d5c24336bd03a0a8d902018bdf413b.jpg

2. Fuel line running down the back with fuel filter + disconnects (white pieces right before it enters the tire carrier)
2f5ddef620a93b5c9828d75883614a86.jpg

3. Fuel line exit from carrier + where it goes between bumper and body.
a6d5283e12b34c3d3176fa91a45a8175.jpg

4. Fuel shutoff valve (zip tied to frame in the wheel well)
a84ca2457af2dd4941b973ad354f38a4.jpg

5. In-line fuel pump
47d145d505bd4cae6f1dddfb9da6a2bf.jpg

6. Fuel line feed into gravity feed connector. Main fuel tank is on right, fuel filler hose coming from fuel filler on left.
467e5e305387970ff74d1a1df0dc2b4a.jpg

Adding it up I probably have around $200 in it if you don't include the tank and the tire carrier. Looking at the titan tank you should be able to do the same thing. I ran the fuel in the aev carrier for protection/conceal it. If I were to do it again I would buy two sets of motorcycle disconnects and then just remove the section of hose between the tank and where it meets the body. The disconnects act as fuel shutoffs so would just be an easy way to do it without drilling your carrier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior