Jeep TJ overland "shoestring" slow build

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Love your build and I'm starting a budget build right now too. Weekend camping rig with roof top tent too. Right now I have too much weight and I haven't even mount my RTT and roof rack yet. I'm using Air lift 1000 with the rear end sag and that helps as long as I stay on the road and not offroading with heavy articulation. I noticed my air lines get pinched and breaks.

You might want to look at how your lines are routed, I've got Airlift 1000's in the back of my LJ and have done about 500 trail miles per year for the past 6 or 7 years with no issues with the lines. I highly recommend the AirLift bags for running an RTT and fridge/kitchen on an overland TJ/LJ.

LJ3D1_zpszsh0w7kd.jpg

Kaptainkid1

You might want to look at how your lines are routed, I've got Airlift 1000's in the back of my LJ and have done about 500 trail miles per year for the past 6 or 7 years with no issues with the lines. I highly recommend the AirLift bags for running an RTT and fridge/kitchen on an overland TJ/LJ.

LJ3D1_zpszsh0w7kd.jpg
SO the pinching problem starts when the rear end articulates and I have the red Air bag in the spring and rubber bumper between the air bag and bottom spring mount. The hose stretches and comes back in place and some how pinches there. I've put grease and left about 4inch of hose for play. It has pinch twice off roading. I know this is the problem area but can't find a solution.
06d696195cab2e998c2da98025752f2a.jpg

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Tapatalk

jscherb

Expedition Leader
SO the pinching problem starts when the rear end articulates and I have the red Air bag in the spring and rubber bumper between the air bag and bottom spring mount. The hose stretches and comes back in place and some how pinches there. I've put grease and left about 4inch of hose for play. It has pinch twice off roading. I know this is the problem area but can't find a solution.
06d696195cab2e998c2da98025752f2a.jpg

How much pressure do you keep in them? You really need at least 10psi in them at all times to keep them from moving around inside the spring. Any less than that and they're likely to spin in the spring and twist the air line.

Kaptainkid1

How much pressure do you keep in them? You really need at least 10psi in them at all times to keep them from moving around inside the spring. Any less than that and they're likely to spin in the spring and twist the air line.
Usually 10psi or more.

Muddywaters7

Hey Nor-Cal-Don, I was reading though this and couldn’t find any reference as to what type of roof rack you have on here. Do you happen to know what brand? And does it hold up well with the weight of the tent and people?
Thanks!
-Luke

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke