Jeep Gladiator Build Thread - 18 months around Australia with The Road Chose Me

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Hi All,

Tons of people have been asking why I choose to live in Canada.

Why would I subject myself to these freezing temperatures and nasty weather when I could be sitting on the beach in Australia... ?

It's a good question, and the topic of today's "Christmas Story" special video.
Join me on YouTube as I cross the world in 85 hours, spend time with an old friend and explain myself.

Also driving on snow & ice is completely insane.
I'm extremely thankful to have great winter tires!

-Dan

PS There is still one more mega video of Australian adventures to come.... But in the mean time I'm going to take a few weeks off YouTube. Merry Christmas everyone!

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Hi Everyone,

It's been a long time, but I've finally finished editing the conclusion to the Australia expedition.

Even after all of the adventures above, there was one track that haunted my dreams, and I knew I would never, ever forgive myself if I didn't squeeze it in.
It was actually closed for a couple of years for COVID, and it only opened when I was about half way round Australia.. I really didn't think I would be able to squeeze it in before the tropical rains came that close the track for many, many months during the "wet".

Dad flew in to Perth, and together we tackled The Canning Stock Route, the world's most remote 4x4 track.
We drove 1,058 miles over 10 days without seeing a single vehicle or person on the track, and it was absolutely the most epic adventure of my life. The scale of the wilderness, the remoteness, the camels, the dunes and of course the massive tropical thunderstorm that nailed us.
This was an extremely intense experience, and something I'll never forget as long as I live

[video]
Thanks for joining the Australian Expedition!

-Dan

PS I'm hard at work building my next expedition vehicle, and saving money for the next international expediiton. More to come!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94