Jack's "new" 2006 LJ Rubicon

bob91yj

Resident **************
Great minds...

189122_1775156870509_1586948477_1693589_2990279_n.jpg

locrwln

Expedition Leader
That's what I run on my Jeep, Jack. OME lift, with a 1.25" BL and a Rokmen TT. As far as the MML goes, I would highly recommend the brown dog MML. They completely replace the stock motor mounts, and are very beefy. I used the JKS MML that came with my lift kit, but once I saw the Brown Dog mounts, I wished that I had bought them instead.

The Currie Antirock, as well as the Currie steering are two upgrades that I highly recommend. I'm running both and I've very happy with them.

That is one of the difficult parts about building a jeep, all of the choices... Great because you have choices, but it can be overwhelming also.

The Currie AR and Correctlync are definitely on my list.

Jack

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
Nice rig... congrats on the purchase.

Best bud just had an 06 LJ Rubi delivered from OK last week, has 32K miles on it. I just bookmarked the OPDA thread and will fwd to him, glad i found the mention of it.

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Nice rig... congrats on the purchase.

Best bud just had an 06 LJ Rubi delivered from OK last week, has 32K miles on it. I just bookmarked the OPDA thread and will fwd to him, glad i found the mention of it.

Thank you.

The low mileage ones are getting rare. Congrats to your friend for his purchase. I just did the Stripperguy mod to mine and even with my low miles, I was showing some wear, so it was good that I got to it.

Jack

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
Thank you.

The low mileage ones are getting rare. Congrats to your friend for his purchase. I just did the Stripperguy mod to mine and even with my low miles, I was showing some wear, so it was good that I got to it.

Jack

I'm about 125 pages into the thread, i'm unaware of the Stripperguy mod so far but i'll get there.

locrwln

Expedition Leader
I'm about 125 pages into the thread, i'm unaware of the Stripperguy mod so far but i'll get there.

Yeah, I can't remember where his information starts, but it is a long way into the thread. I think by the time I spent the time to read the thread, I lost a week...

I also got the "Locker Bypass" completed this weekend. Now I can lock the diffs when I want.

Jack

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
snip...
I also got the "Locker Bypass" completed this weekend. Now I can lock the diffs when I want.
Jack

Got to have that... I guess I can understand why Jeep did/does that, but lockers work great in high-range too. Ford has got it as their new 'anytime' optional rear lockers prove.

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Got to have that... I guess I can understand why Jeep did/does that, but lockers work great in high-range too. Ford has got it as their new 'anytime' optional rear lockers prove.

I agree. Who knows how Ford got around the liability.

Jack

Mako1114

Adventurer
Yeah, I can't remember where his information starts, but it is a long way into the thread. I think by the time I spent the time to read the thread, I lost a week...

Jack

Locker Bypass was one of my first mods when I bought my LJR.

Cheers

UpTheCreek

New to the forum, great looking LJ's! Just bought mine less than 2 months ago. Haven't done anything to it but the locker bypass and removed the nerf bars/steps seen in the photo (wife not happy about that). Removed the chrome grill as well, maybe I'll sell it. I have an RE BB with the 285's. Was thinking of re-gearing being it's an auto, but now I am thinking of going back to the stock size tires. Truthfully, it's a daily driver and wheeled maybe 10% of the time anyway. Going the more "expedition" route, I believe.

Anyway, here's mine:

Attachments

• DSC_0299 (Large).JPG
    DSC_0299 (Large).JPG
    374.5 KB · Views: 18

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Locker Bypass was one of my first mods when I bought my LJR.

Cheers

For as easy as it is to do, it should be at the top of everyone's list.

New to the forum, great looking LJ's! Just bought mine less than 2 months ago. Haven't done anything to it but the locker bypass and removed the nerf bars/steps seen in the photo (wife not happy about that). Removed the chrome grill as well, maybe I'll sell it. I have an RE BB with the 285's. Was thinking of re-gearing being it's an auto, but now I am thinking of going back to the stock size tires. Truthfully, it's a daily driver and wheeled maybe 10% of the time anyway. Going the more "expedition" route, I believe.

Anyway, here's mine:

Awesome looking LJR. I really wanted either white or the sahara color you have, but mine was too good to pass up. Nothing wrong with going back on the tire size, why pay the price for the larger tires if you aren't using them? My neighbor has the stock size on his SWBR and even went with an all-season type tire because he doesn't wheel it at all. How many miles when you bought it?

Jack

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader

Jack

I think it was around page 200 that i found Stripperguy's kit.. dropped him a PM and we have a kit on order. He has no "Laughing Monkey" symptoms but i'm going over saturday to pull the OPDA and inspect the drive gear and camshaft...fingers crossed. New OPDA enroute also for the SG mod.

Locker bypass?.. back to Google! ;)

Upthecreek, your LJ Rubi is identical looking to my buds. Once he found the Khaki with darker hardtop and auto he was all over it.

UpTheCreek

Had 73k miles when I bought it. I completely agree with the tires. If I still lived in California and had opportunity for a lot more wheelin', I'd probably keep the 33's and maybe add a BL and MML to go with the BB it has on it now. But back to smaller tires for now, figure it'll make it happier with the stock gearing. As it is now, it really isn't comfortable in overdrive at any speed. Once I get going fast enough for OD, it's fighting the wind! Can't help but think I'll see a pretty pronounced improvement in MPG too.

I read your posts and I'd like about any color on these, but my first Jeep, a 1978 CJ5, was white also! This is my 3rd now, with a lot of time between them all.

For as easy as it is to do, it should be at the top of everyone's list.

Awesome looking LJR. I really wanted either white or the sahara color you have, but mine was too good to pass up. Nothing wrong with going back on the tire size, why pay the price for the larger tires if you aren't using them? My neighbor has the stock size on his SWBR and even went with an all-season type tire because he doesn't wheel it at all. How many miles when you bought it?

Jack

UpTheCreek

I haven't inspected my OPDA yet, have to look into it. I DID get the Laughing Monkey about a week after I brought her home, had no idea what it could be and I was a little miffed about it. I was spraying lubricant all over the place in the front to try and narrow it down. Finally searched the forums and voila. I took it apart and just ended up cleaning up and re-greasing the center ball. It was all in good shape, just getting dried up. It was easy work, except the four flange bolts are a real PITA if you don't remove the skid.

I do love the color and when shopping I was kind of narrowing it down to that or white myself. But any color would've been fine as long as it was nice!

I think it was around page 200 that i found Stripperguy's kit.. dropped him a PM and we have a kit on order. He has no "Laughing Monkey" symptoms but i'm going over saturday to pull the OPDA and inspect the drive gear and camshaft...fingers crossed. New OPDA enroute also for the SG mod.

Locker bypass?.. back to Google! ;)

Upthecreek, your LJ Rubi is identical looking to my buds. Once he found the Khaki with darker hardtop and auto he was all over it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior