Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Definitely like to know about weight on the back door. Plus if it is a light wheel set, can it handle a 35” or 37” and still open to 90deg.

wackyhacky76CO

We use the Megamat Duo 10 LW plus a 2" Big Agnes Hinman pad and on top is a Big Agnes Dream Island 15 doublewide sleeping bag. If it's really cold a down comforter on top of that. Open the valves on the pads and the lid closes on all that stuff.
So you are using the Megamat LW (the one that is 77 x 52) in your ACCC correct? I was worried about the wider 52" dim since the stock mattress is only 48. Just wanted to make sure b/c the LW seem to be the only ones you can get your hands on right now.

Hourless Life

Sorry about that! The 5' bed model base unit is 385lbs and the 6' bed model 415lbs.

The full swing rear door is a total game changer, one of those things that once you use it you truly realize the difference.
Sorry a bit confused. I know you posted these weights in 2018. On your website you mention 462.9lbs dry weight and 551lbs fully kitted for the Jeep Gladiator. Were the weights you gave above for a specific platform?

Thanks!

Eric

colbs

Really love what OK4WD did with water storage here. While I like the Alu-Cab bulkhead water storage solution, I was hoping to keep that space free to either mount things or generally keep the space more open. The only issue with OK4WD's solution may be the water freezing at lower temps. Not sure.

Maybe I don't understand the Exped mattress's completely. I know they are mix of foam & air, but do they self inflate? I just don't want to have to pump up a mattress to get ready for bed. When I pop the top & pull the bed down, I want it 100% ready to go, so I want to use the best mattress I can that will fit when inflated.
Yes it is self-inflating with one valve for inflating and another for deflating. It also comes with a clever little hand pump made of fabric to top it off if you want. Open the tent, open the inflate valve, finish setting up camp, and it will be done when you are ready. I have had all manner of sleeping pads over the last 55+ years and this is by far the best and most comfortable.

rvrboy

Finally got the Dickenson stove installed! Rin and GP Factor did a great job engineering this install kit, was worth the wait. Also a special thanks to ROKO Vehicles for doing the install. SOOOOOOO nice to finally have heat ;)Dickenson First Fireup 03 112120.JPGDickenson first Night 01 112120.JPGDickenson first Night 02 112120.JPG

Recommended books for Overlanding

Americas Overland - The Driving Handbook
by Donald Greene
From $20
Drive Nacho Drive: A Journey from the American Dream to t...
by Brad Van Orden, Sheena Van Orden
From $15.95
Long Way Down: An Epic Journey by Motorcycle from Scotlan...
by Ewan McGregor, Charley Boorman
From $1.68
Tortillas to Totems (Every day an Adventure Book 4)
by Sam Manicom
From $9.99

jimdisc

Finally got the Dickenson stove installed! Rin and GP Factor did a great job engineering this install kit, was worth the wait. Also a special thanks to ROKO Vehicles for doing the install. SOOOOOOO nice to finally have heat ;)
That looks great. Looking forward to mine. Any idea what the temp was outside when you show 62.9 inside?