I'm back in a Jeep, a JKU

Septu

Explorer
Nice looking! I like the use the KISS method for modifying. It is easier to find factory parts than look for aftermarket hop up items. The Rubicon is an ego and the Hype part of Jeep. If Rubicons were the best, they wouldn't be modified would they? My Sport does Just fine, and I have never dropped the sway bar for droop, or needed lockers. Jeeps are fun no matter what kind of Jeep it is. I gave a little dissertation on a Jeep forum and took a real beating on the sub-divided culture of Jeeps. People don't just accept "all" Jeeps. Throughout different stages of build it becomes obviously apparent. I joke and say that a Rubicon was made for incompetence and lack of driving ability and people get pissed off because of the money they spend on them. Too many clicks have developed for the "stages" of a build and the model you drive. Money spent on mods doesn't equate time and experience. It derives from inflating small egos and need for showmanship. Let the beating begin here now!! LOL

I like all things off road and could care less.

First of all, it's not an ego thing. Some people buy it as such, but not all. People don't get pissed off because of the money spent, but the ignorance you're showing with those types of comments. Then you're not taking it out in conditions where that's needed - which is fine - for you. But I don't get why you'd then make **** comments towards others that do something different then what you do. I'm not someone that judges others if they bought a Sport over a Rubi. There's a time and a place for both depending on what they plan to do. I've owned both, and if I did my build again, I would still buy a Rubicon - because it suits MY needs the best.

I run a 2012 sport because of the smoking deal I got on a barebones sport (manual transmission, windows, doorlocks etc)

I am not climbing out of the penrose trail system waterfall in my fire road vehicle so I never really needed a rubicon

IKE2013

Observer
There are exceptions to the rule of course, and I did not specify "all" people. But you cannot deny that there are large groups of owners that develop clicks and classes of Jeeps that judge standards on others. I am not judging you either, as I have never met you. I have been around long enough and talked enough places to see it does exist, and you read it on here as it was stated in the previous thread "it's not a Rubicon?" And my ignorance comes from real world interaction, not blind accusations. I have left clubs because of the Mod junkies and the stuck ups that bring more drama than a high school girl. Sorry if you are offended, I expected to offend some, but ignorance is not underlying in the comments.

dstock

Explorer
There are exceptions to the rule of course, and I did not specify "all" people. But you cannot deny that there are large groups of owners that develop clicks and classes of Jeeps that judge standards on others. I am not judging you either, as I have never met you. I have been around long enough and talked enough places to see it does exist, and you read it on here as it was stated in the previous thread "it's not a Rubicon?" And my ignorance comes from real world interaction, not blind accusations. I have left clubs because of the Mod junkies and the stuck ups that bring more drama than a high school girl. Sorry if you are offended, I expected to offend some, but ignorance is not underlying in the comments.

Way to bring a bunch of unnecessary drama here, nice work.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: This is one of those "Never Ending Stories)--you're both correct-and there isn't a defined answer, but

First of all, it's not an ego thing. Some people buy it as such, but not all. People don't get pissed off because of the money spent, but the ignorance you're showing with those types of comments. Then you're not taking it out in conditions where that's needed - which is fine - for you. But I don't get why you'd then make **** comments towards others that do something different then what you do. I'm not someone that judges others if they bought a Sport over a Rubi. There's a time and a place for both depending on what they plan to do. I've owned both, and if I did my build again, I would still buy a Rubicon - because it suits MY needs the best.

The RUBICON is still extremely popular, for both EGOs and requirements-so this subject will remain "on the boards)

I have modified my Rubi-extensively, but the times I've pulled my off-road trailer up rocky/sandy hills and NEEDED the Rubi xfer case 4lo and both front rear lockers, have qualified my Rubi purchase---I could have avoided the areas, but not having to is a no-brainer-

If FIAT does away with the solid axle/Rubi models in the near future, my investment can be successful-(maybe not), it's all how you play the cards you've been dealt-

:costumed-smiley-007:bike_rider: JIMBO

IKE2013

Observer
Oh yeah! It would be a travesty if that happened. Considering it is the flagship of the Jeep line. I was directing my response towards the "it's not a Rubicon?" comment, not all owners. A lot of people outside the Jeep realm, who don't own one say comment that too, but that is what is fed into them thru advertising. Most Jeep promotions and magazine spreads are pushing the Rubicon over the other models. I luvs em all!!!! cept the Saharas, they are Mall crawlers!:smileeek: LOL. just kidding.

Last edited:

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I have a sport. I have yet to need a disconnected sway bar or locked diffs.

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
Let the beating begin here now!! LOL
I don't get your $$$ fixation. I'd suggest that if you want to provoke a civil war between Sports, Saharas and Rubis, start your own thread. A Wrangler is a Wrangler. This thread is all about Bill's new ride and the mods he is planning.

IKE2013

Observer
I don't get your $$$ fixation. I'd suggest that if you want to provoke a civil war between Sports, Saharas and Rubis, start your own thread. A Wrangler is a Wrangler. This thread is all about Bill's new ride and the mods he is planning.

I was directing my response towards the "it's not a Rubicon?" comment. No war planned, but I knew it would set off someone. Too much diveristy on here to meddle in the JK mod war. I agree with you, and as said before, I love anything off-road.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
If your dog has a bad leg, you may be able to integrate a gangplank into the rear storage deck too.
Yeah; been thinking of that. Thanks.
We've been trying to pick her up for the time being but her spirit is stronger than her knee and she often jumps...

Bill you might want to check with Helinomad on here, I think he just changed his AT stage 1 drawer out for an ARB. Might be able to get a deal!

http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...-Jeep-Wrangler-Rubicon-HeliNomad-Build/page16
The Stage 2 has my eye more ----- I can picture a platform in the rear that reaches up to the Stage 2, and action packers under the platform. Dog bed on the Stage 2...

Need Martyn/Mario to pity me and run a sale. His birch stuff is prettier but I'm trying to lighten the load wherever I can.

The rear shelves I built for my 2012 it has room on bottom for tools and the snow peak table then 2 crates of room for dry food storage etc and a platform for my fridge. Other side is a soft dog carrier shelf.
ny7egu2y.jpg
4e2uta6a.jpg

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Hilldweller, you say you don't want to mod much....that always changes. Ha ha. May not be big lifts and tires but **** will be changed.😋

Sent from my SGH-T899M using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior