I can't deicide which tire!!

madmaths

Observer
If you're happy with the spring rate and aren't planning to add more weight, a budget boost is okay. Make sure the fasteners are high quality though; some brands are known to use cheap ones and the bolts will shear, especially on the trackbar relocation bracket.
Also watch your caster angle.

And lose the body lift. It's not a TJ and you don't need it for 35s.

35s will sometimes bend your front axle if you wheel a bit. Think about sleeving and gusseting in the near future.

If you wheel HARD you could tweak your front axle, if your careful and not a bull in a china shop, you will be fine. I agree, ditch the body lift. Not needed. Budget boosts/spacers are fine.

ok thanks for the tips!! body lift will be easy to resell!! heheh ;)

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
Toyos have a good rep for being strong enough to live under a big diesel truck. I've had mine 3 years and love them. They would be plenty strong for a Jeep. Best this about the Toyos is they are very good where it counts, off road, while being easy to live with on road for a mud tire.

goodyear mtrks = crap ripped the sidewalls out of 3 and had one go out of round.
bfgoodrich= great traction decent life never lost a sidewall seen a few pop off the rim but no damage to tire
Cooper STT = best tire ive run so far. Similar in tread design to the toyo but you dont get the issue of is it a georgia tire or a japan tire. There is a quality difference.

madmaths

Observer
Thanks all!! For the good info! The nitto dealer will chek for the delevery date after this I will chose toyo mt or nitto trail grabbler! ( I love the look of the nitto!! And around here I never saw one! ..)

mrchips

Adventurer
America's Tire/ Discount tire has great prices on NItto and you can also buy a off road tire warranty in case of damage

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
goodyear mtrks = crap ripped the sidewalls out of 3 and had one go out of round.
bfgoodrich= great traction decent life never lost a sidewall seen a few pop off the rim but no damage to tire
Cooper STT = best tire ive run so far. Similar in tread design to the toyo but you dont get the issue of is it a georgia tire or a japan tire. There is a quality difference.

OK, I learned something. I thought ALL Toyos were Japan tires. Which is better? I must do more research now. I will say what ever I have, they have been great.

Just know what im told by the distributor and the local tire store. one guy will only stock japan toyos. i personally havent had a georgia tire so i have nothing to compare to. mute point now as i run cooopers whenever i change tires.

madmaths

Observer
I can't believe no one has tried to steer him away from a body lift and budget boost combo. It will do nothing for you. Spend money on springs.
105,000 miles on my 2008. Had Hankook MT in 285/70/17 after the KM2's that came on it wore out. I just got 315/70/17 Cooper AT3's and don't think I would ever go back to a mud terrain. I am in high desert and alpine forest mix where I live, and we have ice. The AT3's work better on all of it except maybe mud, which is rare hear.

With all the money you spent on light bars, you could have bought a real suspension kit.

I sold the budget boost kit and I will return the body lift kit! ;) waiting for some price but I'm looking at teraflex 2,5 , bds 3'' , rubicon express 2,5 and aev 2.5
;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles