I can't deicide which tire!!

squint

Adventurer
Once you get the Toyos, you will be hooked. They balance well, they last, are quiet on-road, and are a beast offroad. Get them- you won't be disapointed. I am on my third set.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
The shop where I buy my tires can only have toyo mt , km2 ,fierce attitude, and goodyear mtr ( in offroad tire...) and about the snow I have some brand new 33" studded general altimax so no probleme for winter... ;-)
Out of those, I'd pick the Toyo, no contest.

If those are your only options and for whatever reason you don't want to try a different source to obtain more options (Goodyear Duratracs, Hankook MT, Nitto Trail Grappler etc) then I would also go with the Toyo MT.

Alphonse

Observer
Another vote for Toyo! I ran 35" MTR/K for 3 years they never balanced and I had one tire defective and out of round. Switched to 37" Toyo MT for the last year or so and they are great on everything! They balanced well and plenty of tread left. I've got 2/3rds tread left after almost 20k miles.

Also I've found they are very tough and I have no worries about tearing a sidewall, I don't even carry a spare anymore on local wheeling trips.

madmaths

Observer
Toyo have some good review in here!! I really love to ask question on expedition portal the answer you get here is more technical more constructive! thanks all for you reply!

DesertJK

Adventurer
I can't believe no one has tried to steer him away from a body lift and budget boost combo. It will do nothing for you. Spend money on springs.
105,000 miles on my 2008. Had Hankook MT in 285/70/17 after the KM2's that came on it wore out. I just got 315/70/17 Cooper AT3's and don't think I would ever go back to a mud terrain. I am in high desert and alpine forest mix where I live, and we have ice. The AT3's work better on all of it except maybe mud, which is rare hear.

madmaths

Observer
I can't believe no one has tried to steer him away from a body lift and budget boost combo. It will do nothing for you. Spend money on springs.
105,000 miles on my 2008. Had Hankook MT in 285/70/17 after the KM2's that came on it wore out. I just got 315/70/17 Cooper AT3's and don't think I would ever go back to a mud terrain. I am in high desert and alpine forest mix where I live, and we have ice. The AT3's work better on all of it except maybe mud, which is rare hear.

I just bought this 2015 rubicon I bought the teraflex budget boost cause it was cheap! and the body lift.... this subject is a can of worn.... some say 1'' its good some said no at all! ... its not install yet I pay 580 canadian money for both ... ( the teraflex kit give me spacers, bumpstops, rear trackbar bracket, rear swaybar links and brakeline ext. hardware...) for the price I think I can go wrong ... the jeep is new so the shock is new and coil... I will upgrade later! But for now its ok to start! I bought 50'' led bar , bracket , 20'' led bar , braket , teraflex hinged carrier and those tire and wheel will cost me 3000$ the first summer will cost me about 5000$ maybe more... so This lift kit will be a good start! ;) thanks any way for your reply!

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
If you're happy with the spring rate and aren't planning to add more weight, a budget boost is okay. Make sure the fasteners are high quality though; some brands are known to use cheap ones and the bolts will shear, especially on the trackbar relocation bracket.
Also watch your caster angle.

And lose the body lift. It's not a TJ and you don't need it for 35s.

35s will sometimes bend your front axle if you wheel a bit. Think about sleeving and gusseting in the near future.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
If you wheel HARD you could tweak your front axle, if your careful and not a bull in a china shop, you will be fine. I agree, ditch the body lift. Not needed. Budget boosts/spacers are fine.

mrchips

Adventurer
I really think you should take a look at Nitto Trail Grappler MT, i am running a set on LJ Rubicon size 37, and so far have nothing but great things to say about them, quite on the highway, super tough, and have no weights at all on any of the tires as they balanced out perfectly, and not as soft as the KM2 that i had before, 35's.

madmaths

Observer
I really think you should take a look at Nitto Trail Grappler MT, i am running a set on LJ Rubicon size 37, and so far have nothing but great things to say about them, quite on the highway, super tough, and have no weights at all on any of the tires as they balanced out perfectly, and not as soft as the KM2 that i had before, 35's.

I just find a nitto dealer here! they will quote me some 35''! thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online