HJ45 Troop Carrier with Trakka Pop-Top

preacherman

Explorer
I do a lot at big bend ranch and state park. I also found some good areas around Carlsbad. Wherever gets out away from civilization. I have some great expo type routes including one from Carlsbad to Cloudcroft that's entirely off-road.

stringtwelve

Observer
I do a lot at big bend ranch and state park. I also found some good areas around Carlsbad. Wherever gets out away from civilization. I have some great expo type routes including one from Carlsbad to Cloudcroft that's entirely off-road.

I'm going to be dropping a new 350 with EFI into the old girl once my tax return gets in. After that; I'll be ready to hit the Carlsbad to Cloudcroft route! Let's keep in touch.

NM-Frontier

Explorer
First up, great to see another New Mexican on here!:sombrero:

Very nice Troop Carrier! This is a one of a kind rig for us in the USA and to add the pop-top is to cool! You are going to have an awesome time with it. Keep up the build and lots of pics to keep the rest of us jealous!

Was the V8 swap done in Australia?

Let me know when you are in the Cloudcroft or Las Cruces area. The Guadalupes and Otero Mesa offer endless roads and awesome desert exploring.

stringtwelve

Observer
First up, great to see another New Mexican on here!:sombrero:

Very nice Troop Carrier! This is a one of a kind rig for us in the USA and to add the pop-top is to cool! You are going to have an awesome time with it. Keep up the build and lots of pics to keep the rest of us jealous!

Was the V8 swap done in Australia?

Let me know when you are in the Cloudcroft or Las Cruces area. The Guadalupes and Otero Mesa offer endless roads and awesome desert exploring.

Yes, it was imported from Australia with the 350 installed.

I will keep you updated on my travels once I get her outfitted. It's going to take some trial runs to get it configured the way I like it. I really want to build an expedition trailer to keep most of the "stuff" out of the vehicle to allow free movement but that's still down the road.

Thanks to all for the kudos!

stringtwelve

Observer
Just a quick update on the build...

My tax return went towards a new Ram Jet 350 and I'm finally mocking up the engine mounts:

20140518_173605.jpg

Can't wait to get this new power plant finished up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior